Welcome to Our Electricity Infrastructure and Smart Grid Page
The development, construction, and operations of electricity infrastructure require investment in heavy machinery, equipment, hardware and other technology that provide the physical infrastructure of the electric grid, as well as the engineering, construction, maintenance, information technology, and other services that ensure a given electric power supply reaches end users.
According to the International Energy Agency, world electricity demand in 2030 will be double what it was at the start of the millennium. In order to meet this surging demand, global investment in electric transmission and distribution infrastructure, including smart grid technologies, will total $5.18 trillion between 2001 and 2030, which represents the highest predicted investment in any energy infrastructure sector over the period.
The trade events promoted on this page represent opportunities for US exporters in the electricity infrastructure and smart grid sectors to expand sales and partnerships and engage with key policy stakeholders.
- Opportunities in Africa’s Power Sector – Webinar
On June 30, 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa, President Barack Obama announced Power Africa — an initiative to increase the number of people with access to power in sub-Saharan Africa. Rooted in partnerships, Power Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and other partners in sub-Saharan Africa to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business connections.
The U.S. Commercial Service, in support of the Power Africa Initiative, is organizing a web-based seminar highlighting five of Africa’s top power markets. This webinar will provide a snapshot of opportunities in these markets, as well as resources available to help your company succeed.
Date: Tuesday, February 10
Time: 11 am EST/10 am CST/8 am PST
Location: Your computer. Log-in details will be sent upon completion of registration.
Registration Deadline: COB Monday February 9
To view the agenda and speakers, CLICK HERE.
Questions: Danielle Caltabiano at Danielle.Caltabiano@trade.gov or (281) 228-5655
- DistribuTech, San Diego, California, Feb. 3-5, 2015
- Middle East Electricity, Dubai, March 2-4, 2015
- Istanbul Smart Grid Congress, Istanbul, Turkey, April 29-30, 2015
- Power & Electricity World Asia, Suntec, Singapore, May 5-8, 2015
- African Utility Week, Cape Town, South Africa, May 12-14, 2015
- The 30th New Orleans Association (NOA) Conference, Tokyo, Japan, May 21, 2015
- Demand Response and Smart Grid Town Meeting, Washington, DC, May 26-28, 2015
- Power Gen Europe, Amsterdam, The Netherland, June 9-11, 2015
- Power Gen Africa, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa, July 15-17, 2015