Resolving a Trade Dispute

Are there any additional ways to get assistance in resolving a trade dispute?

Depending on the dispute, the U.S. Embassy or consulate offices may be contacted to attempt to assist the parties in resolving their disputes.

The U.S. Government may provide informal assistance in resolving trade disputes arising between American and foreign businesses at the request of either party. Such assistance is limited to informal, conciliatory efforts directed toward removing misunderstandings between the businesses concerned so that they may settle their differences through friendly relations.

The U.S. Government cannot adjudicate, arbitrate, mediate or provide any kind of ADD to parties in trade disputes.

For more information on legal resources and options for American exporters, please contact the Trade Information Center at 1-800-USA-TRAD(E).