The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) offers a wide range of export control seminars and workshops -- from complying with U.S. export controls to training sessions for freight forwarders.
View Upcoming Export Licensing Seminars
- Complying with U.S. Export Controls -- The two-day program is led by BIS's professional counseling staff and provides an in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Intermediate Deemed Export -- This half-day program has been developed for exporters who have basic knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations and have a solid understanding of how to apply the regulations and to classify technology properly. This highly intensive program will integrate practical exercises and presentations about the appropriate sequence of analysis in assessing deemed export licensing requirements.
- Essentials of Export Controls -- This is an intensive, one-day program that covers the key information you need to know to comply with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Technology Controls -- This full-day program offers a comprehensive look at how to comply with the U.S. export and re-export controls relating to technology, software and encryption.
- How To Classify Your Item -- This half-day workshop will provide a detailed look at the step-by-step process for determining the appropriate export control classification number (ECCN) of your item.
- How To Develop an Export Management and Compliance Program -- This program provides participants that have a basic knowledge of export controls with information on how to develop an Export Management and Compliance Program (EMCP).
- Export Compliance for Forwarders -- These full-day and half-day workshop are ideal for freight forwarders, carriers, and others in the transportation industry who need to learn their responsibilities under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Foreign Trade Statistics Regulations (FTSR).
- Exploring the EARring the EARxploring the EAR -- This half-day program has been specially designed for exporters who have had at least three years of Commerce export licensing experience and would like to further their knowledge and usage of the Export Administration Regulations.
- Intermediate License Exceptions -- This program is designed for exporters who have at least one year of Commerce export licensing experience. The program is intended to enhance participants’ understanding of the terms, provisions, applicability and use of all License Exceptions in Part 740 of the Export Administration Regulations.