The CS-AfDB liaison office helps U.S. firms through:
- Counseling and market research,
- Introductions/appointments with key AfDB officers,
- Electronic distribution of monthly new project alerts,
- Individual advocacy to ensure fair and transparent competition.
The CS-AfDB coordinates with the Office of the U.S. Executive Director at AfDB on its efforts on behalf of U.S. clients and the global network of U.S. Commercial Service offices.
The CS-AfDB provides support and assistance to U.S. firms in three primary areas:
- Market Information and Outreach: Information for U.S. firms on business opportunities created by AfDB projects and advice on how to access them.
- Business Facilitation Service: Tailored assistance to U.S. companies, including in-depth one-on-one counseling, strategic planning, information-gathering for specific needs, contact and meeting planning, and promotional (marketing) support for qualified firms.
- Advocacy: Support to U.S. firms that have problems with AfDB projects, including guidance on Bank procedures, assistance with payment issues, and direct and indirect advocacy with regard to specific problems or procurement issues.