Goals & Objectives
This mission will demonstrate the United States’ commitment to a sustained economic partnership in West Africa. The mission’s purpose is to support the business development goals of U.S. energy firms as they construct a firm foundation for future business in West Africa and specifically aims to:
- Assist in identifying potential partners and strategies for U.S. companies to gain access to each market for energy and power generation products and services.
- Confirm U.S. Government support for the activities of U.S. businesses in each market and to provide access to senior decision makers in the Ghanaian and Nigerian governments.
- Listen to the needs, suggestions and experience of individual participants to help shape appropriate U.S. Government positions regarding U.S. business interests in the region.
- Organize private and focused events with local business and association leaders capable of becoming partners and clients of U.S. firms as they develop their business in the region.
- Assist development of competitive strategies and market access with high level information gathering from private and public-sector leaders.