US Service Export Promotion Seminar "PROMOTE YOUR SERVICES IN CHINA!" at ChinaMart Los Angeles
(conducted by the China Ministry of Commerce & China Beijing International Fair for Trade in Services)
Time: October 10th
Registration: 9:00 am to 9:30
Program: 9:40 am to 11:40
Lunch: 11:45 am to 13:00
Location: Chinamart Los Angles: www.chinamartusa.com
5250 W Century Blvd 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90045
RSVP REQUIRED by October 5th , 2012 by e-mail reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 310-410-8888 ext 0
- To learn about China’s Service Industry and Support policies from visiting China’s Ministry of Commerce & Beijing Service Fair Officials
- To connect with Chinese service companies in China
- To find US Export Service Company Opportunities
- Learn about ChinaMart USA Platform… the experts in US-China Trade
- CIFTIS is coming to Los Angeles to promote new opportunities in China’s service sectors areas defined by the WTO.
- Learn How to Promote your services in the area:
- business services,
- communication/marketing services,
- construction and related engineering services,
- distribution services,
- transport services
- educational services,
- environmental services,
- health and social services,
- tourism and travelrelated services, recreational, cultural and sports services.
- You will also learn about CIFTIS and hear China new policy towards these new opportunities that originate directly from China MOFCOM: http://english.mofcom.gov.cn/
Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in California
Date: October 11, 2012
Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm Conference, 6:00pm - 7:00pm Reception
Location: Millennium Biltmore, Los Angeles
This half-day conference brings together leading experts in China policy and FDI to help move California forward in this important economic development area.
- Bill Allen, President & Chief Executive Officer, Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation
- Jeff Brown, SVP, Capital Group
- Jack Chen, Chairman & CEO, Transworld Capital Group
- Mickey Kantor, Partner, Mayer and Brown
- Stella Li, Senior Vice President, BYD
- Orville Schell, Arthur Ross Director, Center on US-China Relations, Asia Society
- Charles Wolf, Distinguished Chair in International Economics; Senior Economic Adviser; Professor, Pardee RAND Graduate School
- For more info: http://asiasociety.org/southern-california/events/chinese-direct-investment-california
CHILE: Port Operational Enhancement Technologies Reverse Trade Mission
Long Beach - October 16, 2012
To register: http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1144430
The U.S. TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY is sponsoring a Port Operational Enhancement Technologies Reverse Trade Mission to familiarize Chilean officials with U.S. technologies, equipment and services and best practices related to the development and enhancement of port infrastructure, logistics, operations and security.
This Reverse Trade Mission will enable U.S. companies to connect with key decision-makers and learn about the latest developments and project opportunities in Chile’s port sector. USTDA will hold a half-day business roundtable in Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, October 16th, where the Chilean delegates will present commercial opportunities for U.S . firms and participating companies will be able to schedule short one-on-one meetings with members of the delegation.
Export opportunities for U.S. companies:
- IT and logistics for integrated management of shipping data and foreign trade
- Biometric credentialing
- Cargo tracking (including RFID)
- Vessel traffic management systems
- Integrated command and control centers
- Port security technologies
- Systems for coordination of rail and truck operations
- Port terminal construction and management
- Invited Organizations:
- The delegation will include up to seven representatives from the following organizations, as well as a representative from the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service in Chile:
- Valparaíso Port Company (EPV)
- San Antonio Port Company (EPSA)
- San Antonio International Terminal (STI)
- Pacific Rail Company – Ferrocarril del Pacífico (FEPASA)
- ZEAL Logistics (Port of Valparaíso)
Free Export Workshop - Focused on Women Owned Businesses
Welcome Remarks by the Honorable Janice Hahn, Congresswoman 36th District of California
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Double Tree Hotel
2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro, California, 90731
RSVP To: Jean Coronel at email@example.com
Hear from Representatives from:
- Trade Development, Port of Los Angeles
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- LA Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Association
- Center for International Trade Development
- Los Angeles World Airports
- California Manufacturing Technology Consultants (CMTC)
- Learn about services now available !
- How to Export
- Identify Markets
- Financing & Insuring Overseas Sales
- Documentation & Logistics
- Sea and Air Cargo Services
FREE Export Seminar - Hosted by Congresswoman Grace F. Napolitano in partnership with
The Los Angeles Fair Association and the San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership
Date: Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Sheraton Fairplex Conference Center
601 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA 91768
This seminar will provide information to business owners interested in exporting opportunities and business growth. Come dialogue with a panel of experts on how to take your business global.
FREE ADMISSION - SPACE IS LIMITED
Pre-registration is required. Register at http://exportseminar.eventbrite.com
Questions? Call Phylyp Bardowell at (562) 801-2134
Symposium: A Dialogue on Russia
October 19, 2012 | UCLA Covel Commons
- Engage in a dialogue on the state of Russia’s economy, education, entrepreneurship and IP law.
- Participate in discussions on areas for collaboration and investment in Russia’s growing economy.
- Panels will offer perspectives for students and entrepreneurs on emerging markets and areas for training and employment.
- Registration: $45, $20 for students (includes lunch)
For more information, visit: www.eureca.ucla.edu
How to Best Approach Doing Business in Europe
Date: October 24th, 2012
Location: Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
350 South Bixel Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
To register, go to the following link: http://export.gov/california/losangelesdowntown/events/europe052949.asp
How to Approach Doing Business in Europe forum is a unique knowledge sharing event. Companies can learn and speak with international trade experts who understand what you need to know to succeed in Europe. This is an interactive event with networking, informative presentations, panel discussion, Q&A, and opportunities to discuss your business needs for expanding to the EU. This is a must attend event for companies considering doing business in Europe and for those planning to expand operations to the European market. The EU is the largest economy in the world and with a population of 500 million there is ample opportunity for success.
ExporTech has arrived in California!
Cost: $5000 per company (2 individuals)
Discount Available: Early bird registration (on/before Oct. 25th) at $3500
For more information, contact: Elizabeth Glynn at 310.984.0728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Intended for executives, ExporTech provides three (3) full one-day intensive sessions (over 12 weeks) in which senior management (2 per company) create an export business growth plan that is intended to be implemented (and tied to a trade mission or Gold Key program) within 3 – 6 months of completing the program. There is a structured process, and the program is customized to the need/obstacles encountered by the companies registered. The objective is to overcome export-related obstacles/concerns, to minimize risk, accelerate sales growth – faster and more profitably.
As registration for ExporTech is open only to 7 – 8 companies (2 individuals per company), there’s significant small group work and one-on-one interaction
The ideal manufacturer for ExporTech will be SMEs, ideally 22 – 200 employees
ExporTech will benefit
1. New Manufacturers committed to exporting
2. Moderate (<10%) or limited exporters – reactive exporters than want a proactive approach to exporting
3. Seasoned exporters (>10%) seeking to be more proactive, or want to get to the next level.
4. Matt Morse, CEO/President, Prestwick Golf:
"I found ExporTech to be an excellent value - the combination of knowledgeable and experienced speakers and international export resources was essential for the development of Prestwicks’ export strategy. ExporTech provided access to a range of resources that our small company simply would not have had otherwise. Today, we are moving solidly ahead with our export plan; the assistance and vetting we received through ExporTech has proven sound and reliable. I am convinced that every manufacturer in Wisconsin should be exporting. We're in a global economy; with the US dollar low, it’s a perfect time. Get onboard now to position your company to export!"
Workshops for Export Compliance Professionals in Los Angeles and San Diego
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 4th, 2012: 7 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Workshops and Networking Reception)
Venue: Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, 6101 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Cost: $195/Person; ($175 for Chamber, DEC and ICPA members, government, faculty/students)
For more information: Please contact Julie Anne Hennessey at 310-235-7206 and email@example.com or Delia Valdivia at 310-235-7203 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 6th, 2012: 7 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Workshops and Networking Reception)
Venue: San Diego Del Mar Hilton Hotel, 15575 Jimmy Durante Boulevard, Del Mar, California 92014-1901
Cost: $195/Person; ($175 for Chamber, DEC and ICPA members, government, faculty/students)
For more information: Please contact Julie Osman at 858-467-7037 and email@example.com.
This Timely Engaging & Interactive Program Targets:
- Evolving regulatory requirements in the context of Export Control Reform with a focus on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Dramatic changes as a result of the transfer of items from the US Munitions List to the Commerce Control List
- Key areas for managing export compliance, exposure, liability and risk
- The potential and sometimes devastating consequences of non-compliance
- Best practices, recommended approaches and proven solutions for a variety of real world export compliance challenges and opportunities
- [NOTE: California Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits are pending for this program]
SAVE THE DATE: Asia Pacific Business Outlook Conference 2013
Location: USC Davidson Center, Los Angeles, CA
Dates: April 8-9, 2013
More information: www.apboconference.com