Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies
export goods and services worth billions of dollars. Let us help
you find the best opportunities for your business in Canada.
Proven Trade Expertise
Our global network of trade professionals is located throughout the United
States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries,
including Canada. Whether you’re looking to make your first export
sale or expand your business in Canada, we offer the trade counseling,
market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you
need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we
will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that
align with your particular business objectives and help you complete
your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade
professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right
mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting
goals. Contact your U.S. Commercial Service trade professional in Canada
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into Canada.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including the NAFTA Certificate of Origin, Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and others.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or Canadian bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Canada.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the Canadian market while maximizing your profits.
Country and Industry Reports
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals working in Canada.
- Order an international company report containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information by contacting your nearest U.S. Export Assistance Center.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Identify potential Canadian partners.
- Market your firm directly to Canadian companies.
- Identify Canadian potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your product or service in Canada.
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened Canada buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service .
- CS Canada offers an Express Gold Key Service for companies that require expedited service. The cost is US$1,500 for small to medium sized firms and US$3,000 for firms with more than 500 employees. A full schedule of business appointments can be arranged within four weeks.
- Leverage customized venues to reach potential Canadian partners and buyers.
- Advertise in our Commercial News USA official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies, including Canadian potential buyers.
- List your company in our official online directory of U.S. exporters and service providers called Export Yellow Pages; an affordable and convenient way to connect with customers in Canada and grow your business.
- Feature your company on our FUSE (Featured U.S. Exporters) buyer-directed web site.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders. Meet with Canadian agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at Canadian international trade fairs.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at Canadian international trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Canadian market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Canadian government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your Canadian government procurement bids.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity.