Get the information and advise you need to succeed.
Selling internationally can be complicated and confusing endeavor. The U.S. Commercial Service will guide you through the export process from beginning to end, helping you to develop effective Caribbean sales strategy, indentify and comply with applicable laws and regulations, fulfill documentation requirements, and overcome trade problems.
Our trade professionals are ready to make exporting easier for you. From meeting with you on-on-one to address your specific needs, to picking up the phone on your behalf to handle a customs issue, you can count on the U.S. Commercial Service’s expertise to position your business for success in the Caribbean marketplace.
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry of expansion into the Caribbean market.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid in intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Products Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filling, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for the Caribbean market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain support if your company’s exports or Caribbean bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.