U.S. Commercial Service China Services for U.S. Companies
Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies export goods and services worth billions of dollars. Let us help you find the best opportunities for your business in China.
Proven Trade Expertise. Our global network of trade professionals is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries, including China. Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in China, we offer the trade counseling, business matchmaking, market intelligence, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. For long-term, comprehensive, customized support to achieve your business goals, we recommend our custom-tailored Platinum Key Service.
Contact the U.S. Commercial Service in China for details.
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into China.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or China bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in China.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the China markets while maximizing your profits.
Back to Top
- Identify potential China partners.
- Market your firm directly to China companies.
- Identify China potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your product or service in China.
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened China buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders. Meet with China agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy/Consulate officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at China international trade fairs.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at China international trade shows.
Back to Top
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Order an international company profile containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.
- Verify company registration or have our local trade specialists interview potential partners through our other low-cost due diligence services.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Get the latest annual and quarterly trade data by country, state, commodity, and year.
- Find industry-specific trade data and analysis.
- Obtain country-specific tariff and trade agreement information.
- Our U.S. Commercial Officers are available to provide briefings on market entry and doing business in China for visiting delegations and groups.
Back to Top
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the China market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the China government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your China government procurement bids.
For clients who require a solution that does not readily match any of our existing services, the Commercial Service in China offers a Business Facilitation Service (BFS).
Back to Top