Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies export goods and services worth billions of dollars. Let us help you find the best opportunities for your business in the European Union.
Proven Trade Expertise. Our global network of trade professionals is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries, including the European Union. Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in the European Union, we offer the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Contact your U.S. Commercial Service trade professional in the European Union for details.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Help Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or the European Union bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Trade Data and Analysis
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened European Union procurement authorities, through our Gold Key Service
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at the European Union international trade fairs.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at the European Union international trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the European Union market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the European Union government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your European Union government procurement bids.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity.
Our Global Network at Work