Is there a tariff duty that applies to my product in a foreign country?

Tariff and tax information is available from the Internet, private sources, and from the federal government. For official rates, it is always best to contact customs authorities in the country to which a product will be exported. For example, if a product is being exported from the United States to France, French customs authorities should be contacted for official tariff and tax information. The TIC can provide unofficial, estimated tariff duty and tax rates for non-agricultural products for certain countries, as well as contact information for foreign customs authorities.

General information about tariffs and import fees is available on the website.

In order to determine a specific tariff, you must first classify your product according to its Harmonized System (HS) number.

Note: The U.S. Government cannot provide tariff rates for products shipped from one country outside the United States to another (i.e., from France to Brazil). To obtain rates for these shipments, please call customs office of the importing countries.

For further assistance, please contact the Trade Information Center:

Tel: 1-800-USA-TRAD(E) (1-800-872-8723)
Fax: (202) 482-4473