FAQ: Regulations and Standards

How can I learn about import or export licensing?

The International Trade Administration's Import Administration licenses steel imports through the Steel Import Monitoring and Analysis System.

Please contact the Bureau of Industry and Security and/or U.S. Customs and Border Protection (Tips for Importing and Exporting).

How can I obtain information about importing products into the United States?

To obtain U.S. tariff (duty) rates for imports, check on regulations such as import quotas, or obtain general import information, visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (U.S. Department of Homeland Security) website at http://www.cbp.gov and click on “Import" or visit the U.S. International Trade Commission website at http://www.usitc.gov and click on "Tariff Schedule." Local Customs offices can also be contacted for import information. A comprehensive listing of U.S. Customs offices and contacts is available on the U.S. Customs website at http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/.

How do I import products into the United States?

Please contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection.