The time is right to prepare for MEDICA 2012, November 14-17, 2012 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
No other event compares to MEDICA, the world's largest and most prestigious medical technology and equipment show. With 4,300 exhibitors and over 137,000 trade only visitors from 100 countries in 2009, MEDICA opens markets across the globe.
This show traditionally sells out, but you can still be present in a cost effective way through the U.S. Commercial Service's Corporate Executive Office (CEO) program at MEDICA. This CEO offers a unique opportunity to promote your exports and meet customers and qualified distributors from all over Europe and the world at affordable cost. The list of the MEDICA 2012 CEO participants will be available here early September. Click here to register.
For videos of Medica 2011 visit the YouTube-Channel of the U.S. Commercial Service.
Within the framework of MEDICA 2012 the U.S. Commercial Service in Düsseldorf offers a wide range of no-cost services for U.S. exhibitors to support your sales efforts in Germany and Europe before, during and after the event.
At no charge, we will (if you want):
- conduct pre-show promotion on your behalf via our Europe-wide network at other U.S. Embassies and Consulates to alert international distributors that you will be at the show, and invite them to visit your booth.
- provide market research (in selected markets) and counseling before, during and after the show.
- provide information about services we offer to exporters of American-made products, including the possibility to be featured on our official U.S. Commercial Service website in Germany to generate additional business leads, for ad hoc interpreting, market research, follow-up services or logistics assistance.
- inform you how to protect new designs you may be showing, and to take expedited action against foreign exhibitors who copy your design and trademarks. Please see important information about trademark and design protection at German trade fairs on our website: www.buyusa.gov/germany/en/ipr.html
- advise on how to apply for VAT tax refunds. Please see information and forms on our website: export.gov
- introduce you to an International Trade Specialist at your nearest Commerce Department "Export Assistance Center" in the United States
- Expand your opportunities at MEDICA 2012 by scheduling meetings with U.S. Suppliers using the U.S. Export Interest Directory Marketplace. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to view U.S. supplier companies and product profiles and schedule meetings with them prior to MEDICA. Use of this tool will allow you to focus in on meeting with the right suppliers for the products/services you need and will maximize the use of your time at MEDICA.
1) To register, please access the following link https://ibp.expoplanner.com/Medica2012 and click “International Buyers.”
2) You will be prompted to create a registration form/buyer profile.
3) Once you have created your buyer profile and verified your information, you will be able to search U.S. exhibitors based on your business needs, product categories and more.
4) When you find an exhibitor with whom you want to meet, you will be able to check their availability and propose a meeting that fits your schedule.
5) An email will automatically be sent to the supplier, on your behalf, to schedule the meeting at your desired time during MEDICA.
6) Once the meeting is confirmed, it will be loaded in your virtual meeting scheduler and the same will be done for the U.S. company's virtual meeting scheduler.
For more information please contact Tony.Michalski@trade.gov or Judy.Kornfeld@trade.gov
- Invitation Welcome USA Reception November 15, 2012
- Overview of Participating U.S. Companies of our USA CEO Center 2012, Stand C04 in Hall 16.
If you want to register, please contact our Commercial Specialist Anette Salama at Anette.Salama@trade.gov .
Or benefit from our other services
- For our international visitors, we would be happy to arrange for meetings with our U.S. exhibitors. Please sign up by filling out the Foreign Buyer Interest Form.
- Please mark your calendars! For all U.S. exhibitors, a U.S. Exhibitor Reception is scheduled for Thursday, November 17, at the MEDICA Media booth in Hall 15, A13 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, jointly organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Commercial Service Germany, the U.S. Pavilion organizers, Messe Duesseldorf North America, and Federal Express Europe
U.S. exhibitors will also get the opportunity to be listed in the U.S. Department of Commerce's online export interest directory at absolutely no charge, for reference pls see:
We look forward to seeing you at MEDICA 2012!