Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies export U.S. goods and services worth billions of dollars. Let us help you find the best opportunities for your business in Guatemala.
Proven Trade Expertise. Our global network of trade professionals is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries, including Guatemala. Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in Guatemala, we offer the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Contact your U.S. Commercial Service trade professional in Guatemala for details.
Planning and Strategy
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
- Take advantage of intensive, long-term export consulting and trade advocacy.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support, if your company’s exports or Guatemalan bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Obtain information about the loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Guatemala.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the Guatemalan market while maximizing your profits.
Learn more about our Trade Counseling services…
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on the Guatemalan market.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals in Guatemala.
- Order an international company report containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.
Learn more about our Market Intelligence services…
- Identify Guatemalan potential partners.
- Market your firm directly to Guatemalan companies.
- Identify Guatemalan potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your product or service in Guatemala.
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened Guatemalan buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Leverage customized venues to reach Guatemalan potential partners and buyers.
- Advertise in our official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies, including 3,000 Guatemalan potential buyers.
- Feature your company on our Spanish-language buyer-directed web site.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders.
- Meet with Guatemalan agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened Guatemalan buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
Learn more about our Business Matchmaking services…
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Guatemalan market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Guatemalan government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your Guatemalan government procurement bids.
Learn more about our Commercial Diplomacy services…
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity in Guatemala.