The U.S. Commercial Service in Chicago, Peoria and Rockford organizes and supports conferences, seminars, and events to educate our clients and promote international trade. Our goal is to help local U.S. exporters sell globally. A sampling of our events includes:
- Executive briefings in our office with one of our visiting Commercial Service Officers from around the world.
- Educational export seminars and online webinars.
- Matchmaking and export counseling services at international trade shows overseas and the U.S.
By organizing trade missions and educational seminars; providing matching or export counseling services at trade shows; and recruiting buyer delegations to U.S. trade shows, the U.S. Government helps U.S. exporters expand global sales at trade events.
Click on the hyperlink to find out more information on the upcoming events:
ILLINOIS TRADE EVENTS
- March 17, 2014: Global Access for Small Businesses: Exporter Forum – Northbrook
- April 3-4, 2014: Opportunities in Dominican Republic and Caribbean - Private Business Consultations – Chicago
- April 10, 2014: Export Opportunities for U.S. Companies in Russia, Ukraine, and Moldova – Rosemont, IL
WEBINARS & TELECONFERENCES
- March 19, 2014 @ 1:00pm CST: Recife - Opportunities in NE Brazil’s Emerging Technology Hub – Free Webinar
- April 9, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT Opportunities for U.S. Companies in Oman's Downstream Industrial Development – Free Teleconference
INTERNATIONAL TRADE MISSIONS
- May 15-23, 2014: TRADE WINDS – The Americas: Trade Mission & Business Development Conference to Colombia, Panama, Chile, Ecuador, and Peru
- May 18-23, 2014: Energy Trade Mission to West Africa - Ghana and Nigeria
- May 20-23, 2014: Illinois Trade Mission to Hospitalar 2014 – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- June 8-12, 2014: Opportunities in the Caribbean Region - Trade Mission and Business Development Conference – Dominican Republic & Beyond
- June 24-July 9, 2014: Illinois Trade Mission to Kenya and Tanzania - Nairobi, Kenya/ Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & EVENTS
- April 1-4, 2014: U.S. Pavilion at MosBuild2014 - Moscow, Russia
- April 5-6, 2014: Kazakhstan Spring 2014 Education Fairs – Almaty & Shymkent
- April 7-11, 2014: Central European Education Fairs – Budapest, Prague, Warsaw
- April 7-8, 2014: Asia/Pacific Business Outlook Conference- Los Angeles
- April 8-10, 2014: Safety & Security Catalog Show at Expo Seguridad – Mexico
- April 8-10, 2014: London Book Fair
- May 1-2, 2014: Discover Global Markets – Africa and the Middle East - San Antonio, TX
- May 11-14 2014: CIM Mining Convention 2014 – Vancouver, Canada
- May 15-18, 2014: Exhibit Five Titles at the 2014 Book World Prague – Czech Republic
PARTNERS’ EVENT CALENDARS