The U.S. Commercial Service in Chicago, Peoria and Rockford organizes and supports conferences, seminars, and events to educate our clients and promote international trade. Our goal is to help local U.S. exporters sell globally. A sampling of our events includes:
- Executive briefings in our office with one of our visiting Commercial Service Officers from around the world.
- Educational export seminars and online webinars.
- Matchmaking and export counseling services at international trade shows overseas and the U.S.
By organizing trade missions and educational seminars; providing matching or export counseling services at trade shows; and recruiting buyer delegations to U.S. trade shows, the U.S. Government helps U.S. exporters expand global sales at trade events.
Click on the hyperlink to find out more information on the upcoming events:
COMMERCIAL SERVICE-ILLINOIS NEWS
- Chicago Area Goods Exports Increased 5.4% to a Record High in 2014
- August 11-14, 2015: Individual Export Counseling on Opportunities in Uruguay - Chicago
- September 1, 2015: Standards in Trade Workshop: China Brownfields Remediation – Chicago
- September 15-18, 2015: Individual Export Counseling on Opportunities in Brazil – Chicago
- September 26-30, 2015: WEFTEC - Chicago
- September 29, 2015: Defense Trade Essentials Seminar - Rosemont
- September 30, 2015: Academia & Related Export Controls: The Impact of Non-Compliance – Chicago
- November 13, 2015: Study Illinois International Student Transfer Fair - Chicago
WEBINARS & TELECONFERENCES
- August 19, 2015 @ 9:00am CDT: Doing Business in Bolivia – Free Webinar
- August 24, 2015 @ 11:00am CDT: German & Czech Healthcare Market & Reimbursement - Webinar
- September 24, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT: How to Obtain a License & Authorization of Medical Devices from Health Canada - Webinar
INTERNATIONAL TRADE MISSIONS
- October 18-22, 2015: Architecture and Engineering Trade Mission – UAE & Saudi Arabia (Qatar optional)
- February 8-12, 2016: Smart Cities Infrastructure Business Development Mission to India – Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi, with optional stop in Vizag
- March 7-10, 2016: Education Trade Mission to Africa – Johannesburg, Accra, & Abidjan
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & EVENTS
- September 26-30, 2015: Showtime at PACK EXPO 2015 – Las Vegas
- October 7-9, 2015: Discover Global Markets: E-Commerce Strategies for Exporters – Dallas, TX
- October 18-25, 2015: EducationUSA Fairs – Kazakhstan
- October 26, 2015: U.S. Commercial Service Agent Matchmaking Event – Almaty, Kazakhstan
- October 29-30, 2015: Discover Global Markets: Pacific Rim Consumers – Orange County, CA
PARTNERS’ EVENT CALENDARS