Chicago Area Goods Exports Increased 5.4% to a Record High in 2014
The U.S. Department of Commerce report 2014 Metropolitan Area Export Overview, released on July 9, 2105, indicates that goods exports from the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, Ill.-Ind.-Wisc., metropolitan area reached a record $47.3 billion, ranking it as the No. 6 metro area last year. Additional Chicago Metropolitan Area Export Highlights for 2014 include:
- Achieved increased goods exports for a fifth consecutive year.
- One of 139 metro areas to achieve record goods export levels.
- Chicago sent 60 percent of its goods exports to markets where the United States has trade agreements.
- Key merchandise export categories included computer and electronic products; chemicals; transportation equipment; machinery; and petroleum and coal products.
- Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, and Japan were leading destinations for Chicago’s goods exports.
For more details, see http://www.trade.gov/mas/ian/metroreport/index.asp
Click on the hyperlink to find out what’s upcoming:
ILLINOIS TRADE EVENTS
INTERNATIONAL TRADE MISSIONS
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & EVENTS
PARTNERS’ EVENT CALENDARS