National Aerospace FDI Exposition (Expo).
The International Trade Administration, SelectUSA, and the Aerospace States Association are co-hosting the National Aerospace Foreign Direct Investment Exposition in Los Angeles on October 26-28, 2015.
The Expo provides information and resources for international companies looking to establish a presence in the United States. Foreign direct investment (FDI) in the U.S. aerospace manufacturing sector is growing rapidly, outpacing the average FDI growth in all U.S. industries. Through matchmaking meetings arranged by the Expo organizers, investors can meet one-on-one with economic developers and officials to explore opportunities and learn about resources and incentives. Top government and industry speakers will discuss the dynamics and trends of the U.S. aerospace manufacturing industry. Confirmed speakers include senior officials from the departments of Commerce, Defense, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), as well as senior industry representatives (including the president of Airbus’ operations in North America). Registration is already live and the website, including a draft agenda, can be found here: http://www.aeroinvestmentexpo.com/.
AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE WELCOMES YOU!
Welcome to the U.S. Commercial Service Aerospace and Defense Technology Team Page.
We are the industry’s primary export resource and should be your first point of contact when looking to sell internationally. Our team of domestic and international trade specialists, located at our Export Assistance Centers in the United States and at U.S. Embassies overseas, is prepared to assist in increasing your export sales. U.S. Points of Contact are available to discuss your international business needs.
The aerospace & defense industry has been a cornerstone of the U.S. economy for decades and has provided well-paying jobs for a variety of skill levels. The industry’s position is now challenged by global competition, changes in technology, national and worldwide economic conditions, and global policies affecting defense, civilian and commercial aviation. To maintain this important sector of the U.S. economy, the U.S. Commercial Service strives to provide assistance to increase the industry’s competitiveness. Specifically, the Aerospace and Defense Technology Team works with companies to help them:
For detailed country by country analysis on worldwide markets, please see the Aerospace Resource Guide.
Click the cover below to download a copy:
|U.S. Pavilion at DEFSEC Atlantic 2013 -- Aircraft/Aircraft Parts, Defense Industry Eq., Port/Shipbuilding Eq., Robotics, Security/Safety Eq.|
Realize your business export potential in Canada. Under the Canadian Government's Canada First Defence Strategy (CFDS), the Department of National Defence has allocated CAD $490 billion to support various Canadian Forcers' modernization and investment programs over a 20-year period, with an estimated CAD $60 billion earmarked for capital purchases of air, land and marine equipment between fiscal years 2012-13 and 2027-28. Of particular importance will be your exposure to business opportunities under the Royal Canadian Navy's CAD $35 billion National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS), the largest procurement sourcing arrangement that includes the construction of large ships (combat and non-combat), smaller ships, and ship repair, refit and maintenance in Canada. Our U.S. Embassy program has been specially designed to help small U.S. business identify these opportunities, to meet with prime contractors and its tier 1-4 suppliers, to interact with government officials and their procurement recommenders, and to meet with other key stakeholders.
U.S. Pavilion Exhibiting Package Fee* $2,400 (value of $3,525) – this package includes attendance by two (2) company representatives, and a 10' x 10' booth.
Non-Exhibiting Package Fee* $1,150 (value of $1,510) – this package is per one company representative (registrations are not transferable)
(Note: your company may qualify for funding assistance under the United States' State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program - please call us for more information)
• Exhibit in a 10x10 booth or attend as a non-exhibit delegate*
• All meals included
• Access to the exhibition hall and to all seminar presentations
• International Networking Receptions!! – you will participate in several events including the International Delegates Reception and Official Opening Reception on Sept. 4, and the Hour of Good Cheer Reception, and ADIANS Annual Gala Dinner on Sept. 5
• Post your company profile on DEFSEC's official website
• Government of Canada's B2B matchmaking. (This program will match Canadian firms with international buyers and it is led by Canadian development agencies)
• Participate in a live MERX demonstration session (MERX is the Government of Canada's official electronic tendering service.)
Why Should you Join?
• Receive a status update of fleet renewal projects under the NSPS, and of other sea, air and land procurement programs in Canada
• Meet with shipyard primes, their procurement teams, and their top-tier suppliers
• Understand Canada's Industrial and Regional Benefits(IRB) program, meet with IRB obligors, and leverage partnerships with Canadian firms under the IRB model.
• Learn what certifications are required when pursuing contracting options in Canada
Who Should Register?
• New-to-Market and Increase-to-Market U.S. firms interested in identifying opportunities related to the Canada First Defence Strategy (CFDS), and the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy program.
• New-to-Export U.S. companies with no previous defense contract experience, and who are interested in learning about marine, defense and aerospace contractual opportunities in Canada.
To register to be part of the U.S. Embassy Pavilion at DEFSEC Atlantic 2013, or to receive additional information on our program please contact:
Luz E. Betancur
Commercial Specialist, Aerospace/Marine Sectors
U.S. Commercial Service
U.S. Embassy – Ottawa, Canada
Tel: 613 688-5411
Lucy Cicero Latka
Senior Commercial Specialist, Defense and Government Procurement Sectors
U.S. Commercial Service
U.S. Embassy – Ottawa, Canada
Tel: 613 688-5219
|Lucy Latka, Ottawa|
Senior Commercial Specialist
Phone: (613) 688-5219
|Luz Betancur, Ottawa|