This page provides market research, trade events and leads, and more for U.S. companies in the agribusiness sector.
The Global Agribusiness Team is comprised of specialists on the industries below representing the U.S. Commercial Service – U.S. Department of Commerce, Foreign Agricultural Service – U.S. Department of Agriculture, State Regional Trade Groups, and various State Departments of Agriculture. Our worldwide network is dedicated to helping you succeed in the international marketplace!
Food Processing and Packaging
Agricultural Machinery and Equipment
Hotel & Restaurant Equipment
The Agribusiness Team offers B2B matchmaking, opportunities to learn from country/industry experts, and much more at domestic and foreign trade shows. To see where you’ll find us this next year, check out the events/activities page.
Use the links below to follow trade patterns for a selected NAICS code. Additional trade data is available through the TradeStats Express Database, or through a Trade Specialist at your local USEAC.
|AGROSALON -- Agricultural Chemicals, Agricultural Machinery & Eq., Agricultural Products, Agricultural Services, Materials Handling Machinery|
|Pre-Register for this event|
In 2011 the total market for agricultural equipment in Russia in 2011 reached nearly $4 billion. In 2013 agricultural equipment imports are expected to reach $7 billion according to Russian government sources. In addition, according to BMI research, with 10% of the world's arable land, of which about 35mn hectares reportedly lie fallow, Russia has enormous potential for expanding agricultural production. The Russian government's focus on food security by increasing domestic production combine to make Russia and extremely attractive market for agricultural equipment, products and technologies that will increase yields. According to estimates of the Russian Federal Service of State Statistics, equipment capability of the Russian agro-industrial complex is very weak. Up to 70% of the equipment used by Russian farmers is worn-out and up to 90% is outdated. Experts predict that major upgrades in agricultural machinery will start in 2013.
Because of these positive factors in the Russian agricultural machinery market, the Commercial Service in Russia has secured a booth at the country's leading agriculture trade show – AGROSALON scheduled for October 10-13, 2012. AGROSALON hosted over 33,000 visitors from Russia and other CIS countries.
Participants in the catalogue show will receive:
• Promotion at a centrally-located booth at the show
• Full page placement of promotional information in show catalogue
• Excel spreadsheet of individuals interested in your product after event
• One page translation of your promotional information for the catalogue
• Pre-market research report on your product potential in the Russian market
• One-on-one pre- and post-event briefings with Commercial Service Staff
• Recommendations on additional actions to take in the market
• An introduction email sent post show from the Commercial Service to the prospective buyer copying the company
• Logistics support for receiving and displaying promotional materials
|Andrea Berton, Minneapolis|
International Trade Specialist
|Ken Walsh, Moscow|