Architecture & Engineering
Welcome to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website for U.S. Architecture and Engineering Firms. This site is your resource for market research reports, trade leads, upcoming industry-related events and advocacy assistance.
Our division of Commerce, the U.S. Commercial Service, has a global network of 100 offices located throughout the U.S. and over 100 offices located in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide team of specialists is here to assist with your international outreach to partner firms, project developers, and design. To find your local design services specialist, please click on the link to the left titled “Local USDOC Offices”.
Our Design & Construction Team members can assist you with the following:
- International Market Research – our overseas specialists generate reports on the design services sector of target markets around the world. We have developed our Design Resources Guide, but you can also access more reports at www.export.gov/mrktresearch in our Market Research Library under the Services section.
- Trade Missions & Events – We regularly develop and lead trade missions and events for the design services sector along with key industry associations. These missions provide market access and unrivaled exposure for firms seeking international projects.
- Webinars – learn about the design sector in a market of interest without leaving your desk.
- Advocacy – the Advocacy Center coordinates U.S. Government (USG) resources to level the playing field on behalf of U.S. business interests as they compete against foreign firms for government contracts or other U.S. export opportunities.
- Gold Key Service – provides business meetings with pre-screened contacts, developers, firms, professional associations, government contacts, and/or licensing or joint venture partners. Through the GKS program, Commercial Service staff will search for and arrange appointments with potential foreign partners in key markets.
Client Testimonial Video: Tate Snyder Kimsey - Architects
- Single Company Promotion – provides support and official sponsorship in a specific market under the auspices of the American Embassy or Consulate. Commercial Service staff overseas assists a U.S. company in organizing a product launch, technical seminar, cocktail reception, or similar event in a well-recognized location, such as a hotel or in some cases, the U.S. Ambassador's residence. A typical event might include a 3-hour program with an introduction by a U.S. Government official followed by detailed company presentation and question/answer session followed by a networking session. The SCP is an excellent opportunity to support your existing in-country representative by co-presenting to a targeted audience.
Discover Global Markets: The Americas – Miami, FL, May 12-14, 2015
Meet One-on-One with U.S. Commercial Diplomats
Whether for market opportunities, help in overcoming challenges, or general questions, meet with U.S. commercial diplomats from 22 countries:
§ Argentina, Bahama, Barbados, Belize, Brazil
§ Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic
§ Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras
§ Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua,
§ Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago
Exploring the Markets of the Americas
§ How are the markets of the Americas performing today?
§ How will the markets be performing in five years?
§ What are today’s and tomorrow’s opportunities?
§ What challenges do these dynamic markets present to U.S. companies?
Panels featuring economists, industry professionals, trade experts, and U.S. commercial diplomats will explore
these questions and others to help you define your competitive strategy for the Americas.
Detailed Event Information For
Detailed Event Information For
No events scheduled
Sorry, no events are scheduled.