Welcome to our Construction, Building, and Heavy Equipment page, your home for industry information and expertise for the global marketplace. We provide the most recent market research, trade leads and industry event information.
This page is managed by the U.S. Commercial Service’s Global Design & Construction Team. The Global Design and Construction Team is made up of domestic and international trade specialists with the U.S. Department of Commerce - International Trade Administration and industry associations. To find a team member nearest you, please go to our team member directory.
We specialize in working with the following industry subsectors:
When: Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 8am PST/10am CST/11am EST
Where: Your Computer
Registration Link: https://emenuapps.ita.doc.gov/ePublic/event/editWebReg.do?SmartCode=4Q2J
The U.S. Commercial Service, the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, is hosting a FREE webinar to promote opportunities for U.S. companies in the design, building materials, and construction sector in Russia. The construction industry in Russia grew by 10% in 2012, and continues to grow steadily due to significant private and public investment in commercial, industrial, residential, and infrastructure projects. Further demand is being fueled by construction and renovation projects related to Russia’s hosting of the Winter Olympics in 2014 and the FIFA World Cup in 2018.
|How to Internationalize Your Distribution Channels -- Agricultural Machinery & Eq., Automotive Parts/Services Eq., Building Products, Construction Eq., General Industrial Eq./Supplies, General Science & Technology, Household Consumer Goods, Medical Eq., Packaging Eq., Port/Shipbuilding Eq.|
|Pre-Register for this event|
From new markets and new laws to new partners and new customs, expanding your business overseas can be a daunting task. Understanding how to create customized international distribution agreements can help you grow your international business and protect yourself from the myriad risks.
This presentation will present the various options available to US companies who are interested in overseas growth using distribution agreements. Specifically our expert presenters will cover:
• Utilizing the U.S. Commercial Service to explore new markets and expand your overseas presence
• Tailoring distribution agreements to particular jurisdictions by taking into account applicable foreign law
• Key terms for your international distribution agreement
• Understanding foreign competition laws and regulations that may affect your international distribution agreement
• Avoiding violations of the Third Party provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Trade Practice Act when working with foreign agents and distributors
• Establishing your brand & sales channel opportunities
• Successful global distribution and sales demands in-depth understanding of local market forces, legal, legislative and regulatory concerns, competition, brand recognition, partner financial strength, market coverage, language fluency, training abilities and desire to be more than a "trader."
Featured speakers will be Pat Meeker, Senior Director of Global Sales at The Roho Group; Marcia Swihart Orgill, Attorney with Danna McKitrick; and Cory Simek, Director U.S. Commercial Service in St. Louis.
|Joshua Burke, St. Louis|
|Margaret Gottlieb, St. Louis|
International Trade Specialist