Welcome to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website for U.S. Building Products and Construction Equipment Companies. This site is your resource for market research reports, trade leads, upcoming industry-related events and advocacy assistance.
Our division of Commerce, the U.S. Commercial Service, has a global network of 100 offices located throughout the U.S. and over 100 offices located in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide team is here to assist with your international business. To find your local building/construction specialist, please click on the link to the left titled “Local USDOC Offices”.
We specialize in working with the following industry subsectors:
Our Design & Construction Team members can assist you with the following:
|How to Internationalize Your Distribution Channels -- Agricultural Machinery & Eq., Automotive Parts/Services Eq., Building Products, Construction Eq., General Industrial Eq./Supplies, General Science & Technology, Household Consumer Goods, Medical Eq., Packaging Eq., Port/Shipbuilding Eq.|
|Pre-Register for this event|
From new markets and new laws to new partners and new customs, expanding your business overseas can be a daunting task. Understanding how to create customized international distribution agreements can help you grow your international business and protect yourself from the myriad risks.
This presentation will present the various options available to US companies who are interested in overseas growth using distribution agreements. Specifically our expert presenters will cover:
• Utilizing the U.S. Commercial Service to explore new markets and expand your overseas presence
• Tailoring distribution agreements to particular jurisdictions by taking into account applicable foreign law
• Key terms for your international distribution agreement
• Understanding foreign competition laws and regulations that may affect your international distribution agreement
• Avoiding violations of the Third Party provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Trade Practice Act when working with foreign agents and distributors
• Establishing your brand & sales channel opportunities
• Successful global distribution and sales demands in-depth understanding of local market forces, legal, legislative and regulatory concerns, competition, brand recognition, partner financial strength, market coverage, language fluency, training abilities and desire to be more than a "trader."
Featured speakers will be Pat Meeker, Senior Director of Global Sales at The Roho Group; Marcia Swihart Orgill, Attorney with Danna McKitrick; and Cory Simek, Director U.S. Commercial Service in St. Louis.
|Margaret Gottlieb, St. Louis|
International Trade Specialist
|Joshua Burke, Ankara|
Phone: +90 312 457 7167