This page is managed by the U.S. Commercial Service’s Global Design & Construction Team. The Global Design and Construction Team is made up of domestic and international trade specialists with the U.S. Department of Commerce - International Trade Administration and industry associations. To find your local design services specialist, please click on the link to the left titled “Local USDOC Offices”.
We specialize in working with the following industry subsectors:
Meet One-on-One with U.S. Commercial Diplomats
Whether for market opportunities, help in overcoming challenges, or general questions, meet with U.S. commercial diplomats from 22 countries:
§ Argentina, Bahama, Barbados, Belize, Brazil
§ Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic
§ Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras
§ Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua,
§ Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago
Exploring the Markets of the Americas
§ How are the markets of the Americas performing today?
§ How will the markets be performing in five years?
§ What are today’s and tomorrow’s opportunities?
§ What challenges do these dynamic markets present to U.S. companies?
Panels featuring economists, industry professionals, trade experts, and U.S. commercial diplomats will explore
these questions and others to help you define your competitive strategy for the Americas.
|How to Internationalize Your Distribution Channels -- Agricultural Machinery & Eq., Automotive Parts/Services Eq., Building Products, Construction Eq., General Industrial Eq./Supplies, General Science & Technology, Household Consumer Goods, Medical Eq., Packaging Eq., Port/Shipbuilding Eq.|
|Pre-Register for this event|
From new markets and new laws to new partners and new customs, expanding your business overseas can be a daunting task. Understanding how to create customized international distribution agreements can help you grow your international business and protect yourself from the myriad risks.
This presentation will present the various options available to US companies who are interested in overseas growth using distribution agreements. Specifically our expert presenters will cover:
• Utilizing the U.S. Commercial Service to explore new markets and expand your overseas presence
• Tailoring distribution agreements to particular jurisdictions by taking into account applicable foreign law
• Key terms for your international distribution agreement
• Understanding foreign competition laws and regulations that may affect your international distribution agreement
• Avoiding violations of the Third Party provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Trade Practice Act when working with foreign agents and distributors
• Establishing your brand & sales channel opportunities
• Successful global distribution and sales demands in-depth understanding of local market forces, legal, legislative and regulatory concerns, competition, brand recognition, partner financial strength, market coverage, language fluency, training abilities and desire to be more than a "trader."
Featured speakers will be Pat Meeker, Senior Director of Global Sales at The Roho Group; Marcia Swihart Orgill, Attorney with Danna McKitrick; and Cory Simek, Director U.S. Commercial Service in St. Louis.
|Margaret Gottlieb, St. Louis|
International Trade Specialist
|Joshua Burke, Ankara|
Phone: +90 312 457 7167