Welcome to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website for U.S. Educational Institutions and Intensive English Programs. This site is your resource for market research reports, international student recruitment events, and study consortia information.
Our division of Commerce, the U.S. Commercial Service, has a global network of 100 offices located throughout the U.S. and over 100 offices located in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide team of education specialists is here to assist with your international outreach to students, potential partners, and agents. To find your local education specialist, please click on the link to the left titled “Local USDOC Offices”.
Our Education Team members can assist you with the following:
|Frankfurt Book Fair 2012 -- Books/Periodicals|
The Frankfurt Book Fair continues to be the largest and most important tradeshow for books worldwide, attracting participants from more than 100 countries. With a history dating back 500 years to the Gutenberg Press, this fair is the world's most important venue for publishers, agents, booksellers, librarians, translators, authors and suppliers dealing with publishing rights, licenses and international property rights.
CS Frankfurt manages a special support/matchmaking program for the Association of Educationla Publishers (AEP).
Frankfurt Book Fair will take place from October 10 – 14, 2012.
The U.S. Commercial Service is offering a wide range of support services for U.S. exhibitors at Frankfurt Book Fair 2012. We are working with our fellow U.S. Commercial Service Publishing Sector Specialists in other countries to promote your presence, and your products/services, to buyers and other potential business partners in major European markets.
Our Exhibitor Support Program:
- We alert potential partners in Germany that you will be at the show to generate interest in your products or services.
- U.S. Commercial Service colleagues in other European countries will promote your products/services to buyers and other potential business partners in their markets.
- We provide on-site counseling during the trade show.
- We provide you with up-to-date market research (also on other European markets).
- We feature your products or services on our official U.S. Commercial Service Germany website to help generate additional business leads.
- We can provide ad-hoc interpreting or logistics assistance, distributor lists and IPR counseling.
- We can follow up for you with the contacts you make at the trade fair, or the trade leads we collect for you.
- We can introduce you to an International Trade Specialist at your nearest U.S. Commerce Department Export Assistance Center in the United States.
Your U.S. Commercial Service Contact
Mr. Volker Wirsdorf, Senior Commerical Specialist
U.S. Commerical Service, American Consulate General
Giessener Strasse 30, 60435 Frankfurt, Germany
Tel: 49-69-7535-3150, Fax: 49-69-7535-3171
|Volker Wirsdorf, Frankfurt|
Senior Commercial Specialist
Phone: 49-69-7535 3150