Welcome to U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service’s Global Energy industry webpage. It provides the most recent market research, trade leads and event information in the Oil & Gas, Coal, Power Generation, and Renewable Energy industries.
Energy is the vital force powering our U.S. business including manufacturing, the transportation of goods and U.S. service offerings through the transferring of our technical expertise both in America and to economies worldwide. With an estimated $500 billion dollars spent on energy annually in the U.S., energy supply and demand continue to play a pivotal role in our national security and the economic output of our nation. To maintain this important sector of the U.S. economy, the U.S. Commercial Service strives to provide assistance that's aimed at increasing the industry’s global competitiveness.
Our worldwide team of Global Energy Specialists is prepared to assist in increasing your export sales. U.S. Points of Contact are available to discuss your international business needs.
Sign up for Energy email updates
Access our Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Civil Nuclear, Coal, and Power Generation sub-sector webpages through the left-hand navigation bar.
- Calgary Oil & Gas 2013
Calgary, Canada, June 11-13
Focused on North America's oil and gas industry, Gas & Oil Expo and Conference 2013 provides a marketplace for businesses working in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. The exhibition and conference offers new opportunities for government leaders, oil companies, technology and service providers, and oil field equipment manufacturers to connect and do business together. Participants will receive: one-on-one appointments with targeted, pre-qualified Canadian partners/representatives; trade floor pass to Gas and Oil Expo 2013; an invitation to a breakfast briefing with keynotes by industry professionals, and an invitation to a networking reception designed exclusive for the U.S. delegation and hosted by the U.S. government.
For more information, contact Crystal Roberts, Calgary, at Crystal.Roberts@trade.gov.
- Brasil Offshore 2013
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 11-14
This event is a global forum in Brazil that showcases the latest developments in the offshore oil & gas exploration, refining and energy logistics sectors and is the leading energy exhibition in South America. The show attracts more than 630 exhibitors and 50,000 trade visitors from 40 countries. It presents a significant sales potential to U.S. Energy companies. Brazil Offshore 2013 is South America's largest energy exploration, refining and energy logistics exhibition and offers the best market entry point for a U.S. exporter. For more information, contact Regina Cunha at Regina.Cunha@trade.gov.
- Moscow International Oil & Gas Expo (MIOGE) 2013 Moscow, Russia, June 25-28 The largest and most recognized oil and gas trade event in Russia and Central Asia. For the past 20 years, MIOGE has become the traditional meeting place for the world' leading oil and gas companies to converge and build new business partnerships with local trade operators and suppliers. Rosneftegaz, LUKOIL and Gazprom, plus many others, have previously participated. Traditionally supported by the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, RPGC provides a senior-level platform for in-depth discussions and analysis on Russia's thriving oil and gas market. Over the past 12 years, RPGC has connected thousands of oil and gas professionals from more than 40 countries. For more information contact Gulnara Kenzhebulatova at Gulnara.Kenzhebulatova@trade.gov
- RETECH 2013 Washington DC, September 9-11 RETECH 2013 attracts industry decision makers, exhibitors and attendees from the U.S. and around the world, interested in learning about the latest renewable energy technologies across the entire renewable energy marketplace, from all renewable energy sectors - wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, ocean, biomass, and waste. Speakers at RETECH provide their insights into new products, strategies, and technologies covering all renewable energy sectors. RETECH also attracts discussions with Government agencies, financial investors, legal experts and others regarding the opportunities and challenges facing the renewable energy industry, both here in the United States and in international markets. For more information contact Mark Wells at Mark.Wells@trade.gov.
- 6th Annual U.S. Industry Program at the General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency
Vienna, Austria , September 15-20, 2013
For the sixth consecutive year, the U.S. Industry Program at the International Atomic Energy Agency’s annual General Conference in Vienna, Austria, will open the door for U.S. companies to
Meet energy policymakers from around the world – you decide which country representatives are invited as speakers and guests for our program;
Gain first-hand information from the IAEA about progress on various regulatory, technology and standards issues that are essential to your international business;
Showcase your technology to the hundreds of policymakers, IAEA professional staff, scientists and experts who attend this event.
For more information or to pre-register, click HERE.
- China Coal & Mining - 2013
Beijing, China, October 22-25, 2013
China Coal & Mining Expo is the industry's only national event. It is a biannual show and is the largest coal mining exhibition in China. Exhibitors at China Coal & Mining Expo represent an array of advanced technology in the coal mining industry and range from small scale mining to large scale mining, transportation, coal processing from domestic and overseas suppliers. Coal mine remediation is also represented. Fore more information, contact Leslie Drake at Leslie.Drake@trade.gov.
- LAGCOE 2013
Lafayette, LA, October 22-24, 2013
The Louisiana Gulf Coast Oil Exposition (LAGCOE) is one of the largest oil and gas events in the United States. The show offers a premier marketing environment for manufacturers and vendors of oil & gas industry technology and services in the exploration and development of the world's petroleum industry. LAGCOE continues to provide a unique opportunity for oil and gas industry personnel, particularly engineers and operations personnel, to preview the latest equipment and technology in order to keep abreast of advances in their industry. With approximately 400 exhibitors and over 155,000 net square footage of paid exhibit space, LAGCOE's 2009 and 2011 shows were both sell-outs, drawing over 15,500 business professionals.
For more information, contact Philippa Olsen at Philippa.Olsen@trade.gov.
- GridWeek 2013 Washington DC, October 28-30, 2013 Globally recognized as the must-attend Smart Grid gathering, GridWeek is the only event with a proven history of attracting the complete diversity of global Smart Grid stakeholders to explore Smart Grid's impact on the economy, utility infrastructure, consumers and the environment. Planned by a representative committee of industry stakeholders, GridWeek's agenda is focused on the most relevant industry topics, defining the agenda for Smart Grid advancement. GridWeek brings together more than 150 speakers and change agents to discuss the most critical issues defining the Smart Grid landscape today. The International Buyer Program will support a full service International Business Center offering export counseling and access to industry and country specific market analysis. In addition, Commercial Service staff will provide matchmaking and export counseling. For more information contact Karl Kailing, at Karl.Kailing@trade.gov.
- POWER-GEN International 2013 Orlando, FL, November 12-14, 2013 The POWER-GEN International Conference provides a showcase for one of the world's largest display of equipment, products and services available to the electric power generation industry within a single venue. Comprehensive educational sessions are available during the conference covering the business/economic, environmental fuels, generation trends, operating and upgrading of electric power generation plants. The International Buyer Program will support a full service International Business Center offering export counseling and access to industry and country specific market analysis. In addition, Commercial Service staff will provide matchmaking and export counseling. For more information contact James Yi, at James.Yi@trade.gov.
View a trade data snapshot for NAICS 324 – Petroleum & Coal Products. Additional trade data is available through the TradeStats Express Database.
The Latest Developments in the European Energy Market:
Detailed Event Information For
Webinar - Temporarily Moving Goods & People Across the Border
Detailed Event Information For
Webinar - Temporarily Moving Goods & People Across the Border
Webinar - Temporarily Moving Goods & People Across the Border --
Architectural/Constr./Engineering SVC, Aircraft/Aircraft Parts, Automotive Parts/Services Eq., Construction Eq., Computers/Peripherals, Computer Software, Management Consulting Services, Oil/Gas Field Machinery, Security/Safety Eq., Trade Promotion Services
Pre-Register for this event
10/17/2012 - 10/17/2012
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has made it easier for U.S. business persons to temporarily enter Canada and bring goods with them. Nevertheless, American businesses conducting temporary work in Canada still find themselves facing several questions;
- Do I need to get a visa to do temporary work in Canada?
- How do I get my capital equipment across the border efficiently and then bring it back to the U.S. at the conclusion of the project?
- What are the tax implications for my company and my employees doing work in Canada?
During this webinar you will have the opportunity to get answers to these questions from experts in the field of Customs Brokerage, International Tax and International Immigration. Join us to learn more about how you can efficiently, temporarily move goods and people across the border into Canada.
The fee for this webinar is $35.
|David Edmiston, Minneapolis|
International Trade Specialist
|Doug Jacobson, Toronto|
Phone: 416-595-5412 ext. 236
|Tracey Ford, Ottawa|