Powered by the Agribusiness Team, this site provides U.S. companies involved in food processing and packaging equipment with up-to-date information to help your company succeed internationally.
We have a worldwide network of agribusiness specialists dedicated to helping you export! The Agribusiness Team is represented by members of the U.S. Commercial Service – U.S. Department of Commerce, Foreign Agricultural Service – U.S. Department of Agriculture, State Regional Trade Groups, and various State Departments of Agriculture.
To assist you in the Food Processing and Packaging industry, we have made available Best Market Reports, Market Research Reports, and Country Commercial Guides related to the Food Processing and Packaging industry. You can also search for related events in our Trade Events section. There is a sampling of these reports listed below.
For additional information, please contact the Trade Information Center at 1-800-872-8723.
|AGROSALON -- Agricultural Chemicals, Agricultural Machinery & Eq., Agricultural Products, Agricultural Services, Materials Handling Machinery|
|Pre-Register for this event|
In 2011 the total market for agricultural equipment in Russia in 2011 reached nearly $4 billion. In 2013 agricultural equipment imports are expected to reach $7 billion according to Russian government sources. In addition, according to BMI research, with 10% of the world's arable land, of which about 35mn hectares reportedly lie fallow, Russia has enormous potential for expanding agricultural production. The Russian government's focus on food security by increasing domestic production combine to make Russia and extremely attractive market for agricultural equipment, products and technologies that will increase yields. According to estimates of the Russian Federal Service of State Statistics, equipment capability of the Russian agro-industrial complex is very weak. Up to 70% of the equipment used by Russian farmers is worn-out and up to 90% is outdated. Experts predict that major upgrades in agricultural machinery will start in 2013.
Because of these positive factors in the Russian agricultural machinery market, the Commercial Service in Russia has secured a booth at the country's leading agriculture trade show – AGROSALON scheduled for October 10-13, 2012. AGROSALON hosted over 33,000 visitors from Russia and other CIS countries.
Participants in the catalogue show will receive:
• Promotion at a centrally-located booth at the show
• Full page placement of promotional information in show catalogue
• Excel spreadsheet of individuals interested in your product after event
• One page translation of your promotional information for the catalogue
• Pre-market research report on your product potential in the Russian market
• One-on-one pre- and post-event briefings with Commercial Service Staff
• Recommendations on additional actions to take in the market
• An introduction email sent post show from the Commercial Service to the prospective buyer copying the company
• Logistics support for receiving and displaying promotional materials
|Andrea Berton, Minneapolis|
International Trade Specialist
|Ken Walsh, SelectUSA|