Welcome to U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safety and Security Team website! This website is your resource for market research reports, trade leads, and event information designed to help you succeed internationally. Our worldwide team of Specialists, located throughout the Unites States at 100 Export Assistance Centers and in more than 72 U.S. Embassies and U.S. Consulates worldwide, are dedicated to help you increase your export sales. We are the safety and security industry’s primary export assistance resource and should be your first point of contact if you are looking to develop your business abroad.
Our Specialists can help you understand global markets, develop international marketing plans, meet buyers at international trade shows, and much more. Learn more about what we can do for you:
If your company is not currently working with our team member at your local U.S. Export Assistance Center, please contact your local safety and security Specialist today to discuss your international business needs and learn how we can assist you with your export objectives.
**NEW!! - For detailed country by country analysis of safety and security markets in over 52 countries, please see the 2013-2014 Safety and Security Resource Guide. Click the cover below to download a copy!
For our upcoming events, please click here
|GITEX Technology Week 2012 -- Audio/Visual Eq., Computers/Peripherals, Computer Software, Computer Services, Information Services, Security/Safety Eq., Telecommunications Eq., Telecommunications Services|
Dubai World Trade Centre is interested in facilitating trade between the US and the Middle East, Africa and Indian Subcontinent through the region's largest and most specialized ICT platform – GITEX TECHNOLOGY WEEK 2012 set from October 14-18.
Here are a few reasons why USA should be considering a larger participation at GITEX 2012:
-Out of the 30 Government bodies present in 2011, the 7 NEW ones included: Bangladesh, Morocco, Pakistan (x2), Spain, Lebanon, and Kazakhstan;
-Over 18,000 C-level Executives participated in 2011 alone, and on average, business worth US$ 1.2 million was secured per order;
-Over 9,500 GITEX attendees had a budget authority of over US$ 5 million;
-Over 138,000 trade attendees from 144 countries visited GITEX 2011;
-Over 3,500 companies from 77 countries participated at GITEX 2011;
-1,350 delegates attended GITEX Conferences of which 69% were C-level & 53% were international delegates;
-55% of all exhibiting companies placed orders at GITEX 2011;
-12 specialised industry focused sectors, each with its targeted marketing campaign. These sectors include:
Hardware, Printing Solutions & Office Automation
Network & Security
Professional A/V solutions
Mobile, Apps & Content
SME Innovation Zone
Listed below are some of the other key drivers why each year GITEX has been the main ICT event where companies dedicate a good portion of their Marketing budgets to.
- CONNEXIONS BUSINESS MATCHMAKING – Online and onsite communication tool where exhibitors communicate with registered visitors and fellow exhibitors to network and identify key buyers before and at the event
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE MISSIONS – ‘FOCUS on AFRICA' theme will attract more senior buyers into the event from one of the fastest growing IT markets such as South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and North African countries
- C-LEVEL VIP CLUB – Networking program formed around the industry's key decision makers à CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, and business counterparts
- SPECIALISED CONFERENCES – Learn from industry experts covering Big Data, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing, Mobile Apps, Virtualisation / Cloud Solutions amongst others
- INDUSTRY BREAKFAST BRIEFINGS (charged) – Interact with a selection of 30 C-levels and senior officials across the 2nd , 3rd and 4th days of GITEX at closed door breakfasts representing the following industry verticals --> Covering Public Sector, Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas. This will be a paid breakfast briefing. for companies interested in attending this networking opportunity.
For more info, please visit our website at www.gitex.com
|Graylin Presbury, Trade Event Programs|
Senior International Trade Specialist
|Lincoln Rajendram, Venky Rao Expo Consultants Inc.|
|Bilal AlRais, Dubai World Trade Centre|
|Akhilesh Sathyavan, Dubai|