Internship Program for Students
The U.S. Commercial Service at the American Embassy in Tel Aviv offers internship opportunities throughout the year to qualified students, which are currently studying in Israel.
The Commercial Section is charged with helping U.S. firms export their goods and services to Israel. To accomplish this mission, we offer a variety of resources and services to assist U.S. companies entering the following markets.
Interns must be currently enrolled students or students who are between school semesters. All internships are unpaid and we cannot assist with airfare, housing or other expenses. An official letter of recommendation can be provided and many universities will award academic credit for your work.
The purpose of the program is to provide college students with "hands-on" experience working in a commercial section of a U.S. Embassy.
The types of work which an intern might do are quite varied and may include:
- Undertaking research for, and writing, major market opportunity reports, published in the National Trade Data Base maintained by the Department of Commerce.
- Providing assistance to Commercial Officers and Commercial Specialists conducting Department of Commerce services and participating in meetings, conferences, and/or other trade-related activities.
- Assisting the Commercial Service on policy related initiatives, including policy analysis, business advocacy, and technical assistance to the Israeli companies.
- Drafting and/or editing non-sensitive English language correspondence.
- Conducting business analysis.
- Developing and/or launching new Commercial Service products, including web site design.
- Assisting with trade conferences and trade shows.
Benefits of Internship:
- Experience professional development
- Enhance business communication skills (verbal and written)
- Develop confidence and progress in a dynamic environment
- Utilize market research skills
- Increase professional contacts through regular networking with Israeli and U.S. business representatives
- Build resume and open doors to future career positions in government related sectors
- Gain valuable ‘on the job’ experience
Essential Requirement and Qualification:
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and Hebrew (level III)
- Enrolled students studying a degree related to business management
Interested in interning with us? Please call or send your CV to: