National Export Initiative – Listening Tour
March 7, 2014 l 8:30AM EST- 11:30AM EST
Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon St - Boston, MA
Senate Conference Room #222
During this event, senior leaders of the U.S. Department of Commerce will share detailed information on its vision for improved and expanded service delivery to U.S. exporters. You will also learn about some of the activity taking place under the National Export Initiative (NEI). Following the overview, you will have an opportunity to share your feedback on key aspects of the U.S. Government's NEI programs and how we can make the NEI even more impactful. Please RSVP to Jim Paul, 617-565-4304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asia Pacific Business Outlook Conference
Dates: April 7-8, 2014
Location: Davidson Conference Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Organizers: U.S. Commercial Service and the USC Marshall School of Business
Event Website: www.apboconference.com
Event Hotline: 213-740-7130
Cost: $799 early registration (until March 4); $949 standard registration
(March 5-28); $1,099 final week registration (March 29-April 4)
The Asia Pacific Business Outlook Conference (APBO) is a unique event where you can learn about the latest business opportunities in Asia from true market experts! APBO is more than just a business conference, it’s a comprehensive networking and learning experience designed to provide you with the contacts and knowledge to succeed in Asia Pacific markets.
At APBO, you’ll be able to meet with Senior Commercial Diplomats traveling from their overseas posts to participate in APBO to answer your questions, specific to your firm, and about your target markets. During the two-day conference, APBO will offer you 60 market briefing sessions and up to five private one-on-one meetings for export counseling. The experts you will interact with at APBO can help you:
• Understand economic forecasts for each Asia Pacific market
• Devise the right market entry strategies and building distribution networks.
• Develop market opportunities across industries and sectors
• Protect your intellectual property rights
• Select new distributors and partners
• Understand cultural sensitivities and social contexts
By joining APBO you will gain insights and access to 18 dynamic Asian markets, including:
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
Discover Global Markets – Africa, Middle East and India
Venue: Embassy Suites San Antonio Downtown Riverwalk
Date: May 1-2, 2014
Sessions on market entry strategies, financing, and mitigating risk. Concurrent sessions covering country-specific and industry-specific information and opportunities. Pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings with senior commercial officers representing 20 countries, high-profile keynote speakers and numerous networking opportunities. Contact Larry.Tabash@trade.gov or Michael.Rosales@trade.gov with any questions.
Medical Technologies Trade Mission to Turkey
May 4 – 8, 2014
Ankara, Izmir and Istanbul, Turkey
Cost: The participation fee is $4,665 for large firms and $3,553 for small and medium-sized firms. One person per firm-each additional person is $750. Expenses for lodging, meals, incidentals and international and domestic (air) travel are responsibility of each mission participant.
Expand Your Market in One of the Fastest Growing Economies in the World!
The Department of Commerce Executive Led Medical Technologies Trade Mission to Turkey will introduce U.S. companies to $3billion Turkish medical equipment market. U.S. companies will travel to Ankara, Izmir and Istanbul to attend pre-scheduled meetings with potential distributors, end users, industry contacts, and Turkish Government officials, and make hospital tours to understand healthcare scene in Turkey and US Ambassador’s reception. Apply Now, space is limited. Deadline to register is February 6, 2014. For more information, contact Michelle Ouellette at 617-565-4302, or email@example.com.
Why Turkey?... Why Now?
● Strong Healthcare Restructuring Focus. Turkey is the 17th largest economy in the world and has a population of over 75 million. The current healthcare budget is $11 billion. From 2002 to 2014, healthcare expenditures have grown from 2.2% to 4.4% of the total budget. Over this time period, per capita spending has tripled. Major Push for the Construction of Health Campuses. Currently, Turkey has 1,500 hospitals and approximately 200,000 beds. An additional 29 healthcare campuses will be built by 2020, which will add 45,000 beds and will be equipped with the newest medical equipment.
● Center of Attraction For Medical Tourism. Turkey attracts patients from Europe, Middle East, and North Africa. There are 42 JCI accredited hospitals, which makes Turkey one of the leading countries with this certification. By 2015, the number of international patients is expected to reach 1 million.
● Use of Advanced Medical Technologies. Currently, there are 781 MRI, 1,088 CT, 3,775 ultrasound, and 681 Doppler devices in Turkish hospitals. Furthermore, there are numerous doctors in Turkey capable of using laparoscopic and robotic devices for surgical procedures.
U.S Pavilion at eHealth 2014 Forum
May 12-14, 2014
Athens, Greece - Megaron Athens Conference Center
Space is limited. Register today: http://export.gov/greece
The Department of Commerce’s U.S. Pavilion at the eHealth Forum 2014 will promote US companies to a Pan-European audience. Organized in Athens, during the Greek Presidency of the European Union, eHealth Forum 2014 is the premier health IT event for the exchange of experiences, good practices and innovation between the U.S. and the member states of the European Union. This international conference and commercial exhibition brings together the eHealth Experts of the High- Level Conference on European Priorities and the eHealth Network Meeting, as well the 4th EU-US eHealth Marketplace & Cooperation Assembly, among others.
For additional information, please contact Michelle Ouellette, Boston, MA
Michelle.Ouellette@trade.gov or by phone (617) 565 4302; or click here.
DISCOVER GLOBAL MARKETS – Europe Business Forum
Venue: The Hyatt Regency Los Angeles Downtown
Date: June 2 – 4, 2014
For more information: http://export.gov/california/ca/DiscoverEurope/index.asp
Learn from U.S Commercial Diplomats and industry leaders how to be successful in Europe! Join the U.S. Commercial Service and leading executives from the private and public sectors for the DISCOVER GLOBAL MARKETS: EUROPE BUSINESS FORUM, the international business conference that will put your company ahead of foreign competition. This premier conference will explore export market development strategies for Europe, Russia and Turkey, innovative tools to be competitive, and the next wave of rapidly growing markets.
Contact Rafael.Patino@trade.gov for any questions.
SAVE THE DATE – October 7th and 8th, 2014 for the US Commercial Service DISCOVER program focusing on opportunities for US businesses interested in doing business with China. More information to be released soon!