Contact: Jaime A. Treviño, General Director
Av. Gómez Morín 955 Sur, Suite 500
66279 San Pedro Garza García, Nuevo León
With offices in Monterrey and Houston, JATA is the best-positioned corporate law firm in Mexico devoted to advise foreign companies in their legal needs. Our firm is integrated by attorneys licensed to practice in Mexico who also have a valuable bi-cultural background. Our clients are mainly foreign investors doing business in Mexico, and our practice areas include Corporate and Contracts, Financing, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Start-up and International Trade, Real Estate, Labor Law, Intellectual Property, and Civil and Commercial Litigation.
Our Houston office is strategically located to provide our clients better, convenient and more comfortable access to our services. Designed to coordinate matters with our main office in Monterrey, it also provides an excellent link to the major global law firms with which we team-up to represent their clients in Mexico as a part of the global transactions on which they are advising.
You will sense our cross-border experience, and will be pleased to be interacting with a highly qualified and responsive team of legal players. We believe that the best evidence of this is to reference a few representative transactions on which we have recently participated:
• General corporate advice to a number of global companies in their respective incorporation and business start-up in Mexico, including companies based in China, the U.K., and the U.S.A.
• Represented JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and other global banks in a number of security & restructuring transactions involving Mexican companies and assets.
• Acquisition of a Mexican operations company by the U.S. subsidiary of a publicly listed company in the U.K.
• Negotiated a complex long-term equipment lease agreement for a major U.S. energy public company, related with services provided in Mexico to Pemex.
A more complete list of representative transactions may be found in our website (www.jatabogados.com).
We want to have the right size that enables our team to work on the type of transaction in which we love to work, with the highest level of integrity, ethics and legal craftsmanship which makes our quality stand above the rest. We want to be the best, and that has nothing to do with size.
Our type of clients and the nature of the work we are passionate about keep our team at the top of the curve. We are constantly seeking to take hand of alternative fee structures to satisfy our clients.
In order to do a great job, you need to have a great team. Our team of attorneys includes counsel, senior associates, associates and of-counsel which are experts in their respective fields. Our senior associates have earned LL.M. degrees from prestigious global universities.
We have been internationally recognized for our work and the top quality of our services:
• Mexico’s Debt Restructuring Law Firm of the Year for 2010.
• 2011 Mexican International Business Law Firm of the Year.
• 2012 Business Start-up Law Firm of the Year in Mexico.
• Mexican Cross-Border Law Firm of the Year, 2012.