The U.S. Commercial Service of the American Embassy in The Hague is comprised of five local employees. The function of this overseas office of the U.S. Department of Commerce is to promote U.S. business interests in the Netherlands.
The activities of the U.S. Commercial Service are organized by industry sector, with each of the Commercial Specialists responsible for specific industry sectors. The intern will work closely with the Commercial Specialists on a variety of trade-related projects.
1. Interns must have either Dutch or U.S. citizenship
2. Dutch-language proficiency is required, English language skills are a bonus
3. Basic computer skills are a prerequisite (Word, Excel)
4. Internships are on a NO-PAY BASIS
5. Interns should be available for at least four months
6. All applicants will be subject to a detailed background security check, which takes eight weeks on average, before the internship can begin
7. Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time college level education with ‘business’, ‘trade’, or ‘marketing’ as their major
8. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with some work experience
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application procedure is as follows:
1. At a minimum, candidates must meet the qualifications described above
2. Candidates must complete and return the forms listed below in a timely fashion
3. An interview (to get acquainted and to ensure we can meet each other's expectations)
Send your motivation letter and CV and print, complete and return the four forms below by mail.
Send the information to:
U.S. Embassy / Commercial Service
Lange Voorhout 102
2514 EJ Den Haag
Note: The school must also sign the Volunteer Service Agreement document