Twenty-two business professionals representing thirteen U.S. firms will soon head to Accra, Ghana, to begin their strategic three-country business tour of Sub-Saharan Africa. Director General Israel Hernandez will lead this Commercial Service trade mission, which will take place March 3–11, 2008, and which also stops in Lagos, Nigeria, and Johannesburg, South Africa. The delegation’s diversity in terms of company size, sector and goals offers an impressive representation of the dynamism and strength of the U.S. business community. Mission participants will benefit from customized matchmaking, market briefings, networking and counseling in each country.
Please tell your clients about these exciting upcoming CS trade missions:
• Aerospace Executive Service at FIDAE International Air Show, Santiago, Chile, March 31–April 4, 2008. Recruitment closes March 10.
• Trade Mission to Istanbul, Turkey, in conjunction with Trade Winds Europe Business Development Forum, April 14–16, 2008. Recruitment closes March 15.
• Renewable Energy Mission to Denmark and Sweden, May 26–29, 2008. Recruitment closes April 28.
• Healthcare Trade Mission to Italy and Greece, May 28–June 3, 2008, including participation in Exposanità, the European Union’s second largest medical trade fair. Recruitment closes April 18.
• Assistant Secretarial Trade Mission to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, June 16–20, 2008, led by Director General Hernandez. Applications are due April 11.
Online payment for services (Online Pay) was launched on January 26, 2008, to increase service excellence for our clients and to enhance the customer experience by using information technology to improve and integrate our business systems. This information system links directly with strategies outlined in the Balanced Scorecard (BSC). The BSC, as a strategic management system, increase our organization’s focus by providing a framework to align day-to-day activities with our organizational objectives.
Online Pay lets prospective clients express interest in a standard or customized service, receive a statement of work for the proposed service and pay online using a credit card. Not only will this improve client service and save time for trade and commercial specialists, but it will also increase consistency in service delivery, improve client relationship management and help the Commercial Service optimize financial availability.
Online Pay will also improve information gathering, analysis and knowledge management. Over time, improved information gathering on client and field operations will benefit all CS initiatives, such as the Market Segmentation initiative; it will strengthen our ability to remain in touch with client needs while addressing the capacity of our organization to serve them.