1. Founded in 1994, we are one of Nigeria’s leading business law firms. We have an international outlook and an outstanding record of carrying out critical, innovative and complex work to the highest standards. We have 26 lawyers (comprising 23 associates and 3 partners). Every transaction that we take on is overseen by a partner who will be responsible for the quality of the service that we render and liaise regularly with the client on the progress of the work.
2. We have for several years been consistently ranked as a Tier One law firm by the International Financial Law Review in all of the areas of law practice that it covers in Nigeria (banking, project finance, mergers and acquisitions; capital markets). Furthermore, we are listed in international directories for leading law firms such as the Legal 500 and Chambers Global.
3. Our paramount aim is absolutely always to offer our clients service of the very highest quality. That means that we emphasize technical proficiency, attention to detail and creativity in developing practical solutions to clients’ problems. We are known for our sensitivity to clients’ business needs and concerns and promptness in responding to and executing their requests in dealing with business law work of every complexity, magnitude and novelty.
4. We have advised on more than 50 capital markets transactions. These have included Nigeria’s largest public offering of equity securities, largest public offering of debt securities, a pioneering Tier II capital Eurobond and the first initial public offerings in the hotel, shipping and telecommunications industries.
5. We have also advised on more than 50 major mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Among these are six sets of takeovers of banks, 3 takeovers of insurance companies, the merger that has created the largest Nigerian oil service company, leading spin-offs and the single most successful private equity investment in Nigerian history.
6. Since the beginning of 2011, we have advised on more than USD7billion worth of major bank non-recourse and other lendings. We have advised on pioneering project financings in the transport (the first toll road; the first privately-operated airport terminal) and electric power industries. We have also advised on the largest local currency bank loan in Nigerian history .
7. Our lawyers have represented local and multinational clients successfully in “bet-your-company” corporate takeover, product liability and project-site-title disputes, in complex litigation involving alleged violations of the securities, tax and other regulatory laws, and in cause celebre oil industry and finance sector arbitrations.
8. One of our partners is called to the New York Bar. We work frequently with law firms based in Washington DC, New York and London. Leading global multinational companies based in the USA are among our regular and most valued clients. Inquiries on any subject should be directed to Fred Onuobia (firstname.lastname@example.org; +2348034023879), Segun Omoregie (email@example.com; +2348033133145) or Gbolahan Elias (firstname.lastname@example.org; +2348034023878).