Welcome to the U.S. Commercial Service in Pittsburgh
Helping U.S. companies export since 1980
“We proved exporting is not just for the big guys. We took a long term approach to new market development and with the help of the U.S. Commercial Service, we had a successful formula. I believe our efforts in Brazil and elsewhere prove that we in the U.S. can innovate and compete in a global arena. I could not be more proud of our team and the job they continue to do to help our customers drive safety, efficiency and productivity, all with product produced here in Washington, PA. We are proud to be adding jobs to the local economy because of this export growth and look forward to continuing to do so into the future.”
- John Apostolides, RPM President
- Discover 2013 September 16-18, 2013 Raleigh NC: This conference will provide participants with up-to-date market intelligence and help develop practical strategies for exporting their goods and services into new markets around the globe. Meet with the U.S. Commercial Service diplomats from around the world to gain perspective of your export prospects. www.export.gov/northcarolina/discover2013/
- Export Control Workshop Pittsburgh coming soon – Fall 2013: Check back soon for details on this annual conference workshop that helps you navigate the U.S. export control regulations.
- Mexico’s Infrastructure Opportunities 2013-2018 June 27, 2013 2:00pm EST: This is part of a monthly webinar series. This webinar will provide insights into Mexican public infrastructure planning for the next six years and the National Infrastructure Program to be announced by President Nieto. Participants will also learn the best practices from a prime contractor and subcontractor from a U.S. firm with experience in the Mexican market. Click here to register; Event Cost: $40
- Understanding Certificates of Free Sale & Export Health Certificates July 3, 2013 2:00pm – 3pm EST: Issued by the FDA, USDA, or State Ag offices, this webinar will teach you about where to turn within each of these departments to help you certify your products for export. It will particularly focus on Certificates of Free Sale and Export Health Certificates, which are two common export documents required when exporting live animals, food, drugs, and sometimes medical or veterinary equipment. Click here to register; Event Cost: $15
About the U.S. Commercial in Pittsburgh
The U.S. Commercial Service in Pittsburgh is your first stop on the road to exporting success. With over 30 years of experience assisting Western and Central Pennsylvania exporters, our trade specialists provide you with the knowledge and support you need to start or expand your export markets.
The U.S. Commercial Service assists U.S. companies in exporting in many different ways, with most assistance falling in the following categories:
- Market Intelligence to help U.S. exporters target the right market (s) for their products and services
- Export Counseling to provide them with the information they need to navigate the export process from beginning to end
- Business Matchmaking services to connect them with the right partners and prospects
- Trade Advocacy for U.S companies to level the international playing field for international procurement
The U.S. Commercial Service in Pittsburgh covers the exporting needs of 36 counties in Western, and parts of Central, PA. Our complete county coverage includes: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Clarion, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Fulton, Green, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Lawrence, Mercer, McKean, Mifflin, Perry, Potter, Somerset, Snyder, Union, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
Our Global Network at Work