Contact: Gabriel Zbârcea, Managing Partner
Victoriei Square 4-8, Nicolae Titulescu Avenue, America House, West Wing, 8th Floor, Sector 1, Bucharest 011141, Romania
Phone: (+4021) 204-8890
Fax: (+4021) 204-8899
Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii is one of the leading law firms in Romania and in the region, both in terms of the high quality services it provides to its clients and the magnitude of the projects the firm has been involved in during the recent years. The firm's client portfolio includes prominent international corporations, financial institutions, government and local public authorities as well as `Fortune 500` category companies.
The firm boasts a talented team of 95 lawyers including 20 partners in its Bucharest office. It also operates a secondary office in Cluj-Napoca (one of the most important cities in Romania), as well as a representative office in Madrid (Spain). Furthermore, the firm enjoys excellent partnerships with various law offices throughout the country, including Braşov, Sibiu, Iaşi, Constanţa, Timişoara cities.
The firm's ambitious plans to broaden its reach to an international level have seen it become the first Romanian outfit to open a representative office in Spain. The office in Madrid operates in association with two local consultants - the former Ambassador of Spain to Romania and the former Managing Partner with Garrigues CEE. More so, the firm sealed a “best friend agreement” with Ţurcan Cazac, the leading law firm in the Republic of Moldova, in order to provide an integrated package of services to a growing base of clients across the region.
Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii’s client portfolio comprises many local and international companies, prominent financial institutions, as well as public authorities and governmental institutions. A selective list of clients includes: Erste Bank / Banca Comercială Română (BCR), OMV Petrom, CEZ, Rompetrol, ArcelorMittal, Carrefour, Gabriel Resources Ltd. / Roşia Montană Gold Corporation, Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS) j.s.c. Novi Sad (a member of Gazprom), Sofiprotéol/Saipol, Romtelecom, Orkla Foods, Colgate-Palmolive, GED Capital Development, the Bucharest Stock Exchange, BRD-Groupe Société Générale, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Philip Morris, Alstom Transport, Siemens, Ericsson Telecommunications Romania, ING Real Estate etc.
We also value excellent professional relationships with recognized law firms throughout the world, enabling us to become familiar with the professional practice of some of the finest minds in the legal consultancy field.
The firm is committed to building on and investing in client relationships beyond the provision of core legal advice. Its specialised network of professionals in insolvency (TZA Insolvenţă S.P.R.L.), certified tax advisors (Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii Tax S.R.L.), certified intellectual property counsellors (Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii IP S.R.L.), certified mediators and court bailiffs provide comprehensive services to effectively meet clients’ needs. Towards this end, the firm also ensured that its quality management systems are compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 standards and has been issued a quality certificate confirming the same.
Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii is providing legal services in every aspect of business, covering all major areas of practice: mergers, acquisitions & privatization; corporate & commercial; litigation & international arbitration; oil & gas / mining law; corporate tax law; PPP, concession & public procurement; electronic communications & IT; employment & pensions; insurance & reinsurance; real estate; banking & finance; capital markets & securities; competition; healthcare & pharmaceutical law; energy law; environmental law; intellectual property; media & advertising; regulatory legal services; shipping & transport.
The firm's practice in these areas has been rated highest by major international directories, according to which Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii is “one of the most dynamic firms in the Romanian legal market at the moment which has built a really successful practice and has emerged as one of the burgeoning outfits in the market” (IFLR 1000). Also, according to Chambers Europe, the firm “offers cutting-edge legal representation and serves clients’ interests beyond the confines of traditional lawyering”, employing a team of “true forward-thinkers” who provide both “innovative and practical solutions to legal problems”. Legal 500 acknowledges that Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii remains “one of the leading domestic firms, showing no sign of slowing the pace”.
Throughout the past several years, Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii has garnered a string of international recognitions, among which:
• “The Most Innovative Law Firm in Continental Europe” (Financial Times Innovative Lawyers’ Report);
• “Law Firm of the Year Award: Romania” (IFLR European Awards 2012);
• “Best Managed Workplace Award” (MPF European Leadership Awards 2012);
• “Law Firm of the Year Award for Excellence: Romania” (Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2010);
• “Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and The Balkans” (The Lawyer European Awards 2010);
• “Business Innovator of the Year Award” (TopLegal International);
• “The Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year Award” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Best Law Firm in Romania for Mergers and Acquisitions Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
• “Best Law Firm in Romania for Employment Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
• “Best Law Firm in Romania for Real Estate Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
• “Best Tax Team in Romania Award” (World Finance Review Legal Awards);
• “Corporate Tax Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Employment Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Insurance and Re-Insurance Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Mining Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Oil and Gas Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Public Procurement Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Regulatory Communications Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
• “Communications Law Firm of the Year” (Corporate International UK);
• “Best Employer in Romania 2009/10” in the SMEs category (Aon Hewitt).
Please visit www.tuca.ro for more information about our team and most relevant recent projects.