Contact: Alexander Barabashev, Partner
5 Malaya Polyanka street
Moscow, 119180 Russia
Phone: +7 (499) 238 1418
Fax: +7 (499) 238 6274
Founded in 2002 in Moscow. Delcredere’s attorneys graduated from the very finest universities in Russia. Many have previously worked at international law firms and Russian government agencies, and hold advanced academic degrees in law. The firm’s attorneys and employees speak several foreign languages, including English, German, French and Spanish.
The core staff comprises twenty-five lawyers who were recruited through exceptionally rigorous professional selection procedure. The firm is ranked as among the best 50 Law Firms in Russia, according to Pravo.ru, a major Russian law portal. Delcredere has adopted a ‘boutique’ operational strategy, focusing on the quality and uniqueness of its service offering, as well as fully customised support for all its clients.
The firm’s list of clients includes: VimpelCom (the world’s sixth largest mobile operator), Alfa Group (one of Russia’s largest financial and industrial groups), Johannesbad (one of Europe’s major medical chains), Acron (a top global fertilizer manufacturer), S7 Airlines (No. 3 airline in Russia), and the State Tretyakov Gallery (one of the most prestigous art galleries in the world), to name just a few.
Litigation/International Litigation and Business Law are the firm's primary speciality areas. Its legal counsellors are able to address very complicated and highly technical issues because of their widely diverse experiences in the government and the private sector and their educational backgrounds. Complex and multifaceted legal assignments demand an in-depth understanding of the client's business and the technical components of the tasks at hand. Delcredere’s signature approach is an integrated legal, business and technical treatment to disputed controversities, with solutions frequently based on business specifics and special industrial insights.
Delcredere’s excellent track record includes legal support and legal representation for foreign clients in Russia, conducting cases both independently and jointly with foreign partner law firms in courts of law and courts of arbitration. Delcredere’s lawyers are particularly experienced in cases involving parties whose legal regimes and national cultures differ greatly. Drawing on their valuable experience, Delcredere’s lawyers strive to ensure mutual understanding between all involved parties, who may act within various and conflicting legal and cultural frameworks.
Among major matters in which Delcredere have been involved are:
• Appeared for VimpelCom in the litigation against the Inter-regional Inspectorate for Major Tax Payers (collection of tax in the amount of over RUR 1b);
• Appeared for Acron Group at the Stockholm Arbitration Court in the case of shareholder agreement cancellation between Acron and one of the largest Norwegian companies (following the establishment of a joint venture in Russia);
• Appeared for Altimo in its case against. IPOC Foundation relating to a controlling stake in Megafon, a larger European mobile operator;
• Appeared for Trinity Engineering Group in its case against Rosatom Group, FGUP Mining and Chemical Plant and the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia regarding annulment of the competitive bidding and re-bidding, with the initial bidding value exceeding RUR 270m;
• Appeared for TagAZ in six litigations initiated by VTB Group to collect debt, and amend and rescind pledge and loan agreements for sums in excess of $ 37m.