Contact: Graham Fryer, Mr.
4th Floor, Hyde Park Corner
Jan Smuts Avenue
2196 South Africa
Phone: 27 11 325 5380
Fax: 27 11 325 5389
We deal with the tax questions that arise when non-South African companies do business in South Africa. For U.S. companies doing business in South Africa, we work closely with our Atlanta office, and we typically:
• Implement structures that are efficient for SA, Treaty and U.S. tax purposes;
• Minimize SA income taxes;
• Implement structures to ensure VAT is never a cost to the new SA business or their customers;
• Advise on the type of South African legal entity e.g. branch of U.S. parent or subsidiary
• Attend to company, income tax and VAT registrations;
• File SA entity income tax and VAT returns;
• Provide guidance and assistance with Exchange Control rules;
• Structure packages in SA for U.S. expatriates and file executive tax returns.
We deal with the tax questions that arise when U.S. companies do business abroad. For companies doing business in South Africa, we work closely with our Johannesburg office, and we typically:
• Implement structures that are efficient for U.S., Treaty, and SA tax purposes;
• Optimize U.S. export tax incentives;
• Maximize U.S. foreign tax credits;
• Integrate new SA business into existing U.S. structures;
• Determine Tariff Classifications;
• Determine the right mix of equity and debt for SA operations;
• Minimize the effect of SA taxes on U.S. exporters or head offices.