Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies export goods and services worth billions of dollars. Let us help you find the best opportunities for your business in South Africa.
Proven Trade Expertise. Our global network of trade professionals is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries, including South Africa. Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in South Africa, we offer the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Contact your U.S. Commercial Service trade professional in South Africa for details.
- Identify potential South African partners.
- Market your firm directly to South African companies.
Personalized Business Matchmaking (Gold Key Service)
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened South African buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
In-Country Promotions (Single Company Promotion)
- Leverage customized venues to reach potential South African partners and buyers.
- Advertise in our official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies, including 2000 South African potential buyers.
- Feature your company on our English-language buyer-directed web site. Click here for more
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders. Meet with South African agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at the South African international trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the South African market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the South African government to protect U.S. business interests.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity. Contact us
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into South Africa.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or South Africa bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in South Africa.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the South African markets while maximizing your profits.
Country and Industry Reports
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals working in South Africa.
- Order an international company report containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.