David James A. Spann
The Memphis U.S. Export Assistance Center (MUSEAC) is now hosting one interns per semester or quarter. The goals of this program are to:
1. Provide support to the U.S. Department of Commerce staff in the performance of their jobs and in their service to clients.
2. To educate students in the practical aspects of international business.
3. To familiarize interns with all international trade resources, including partners, web sites and other tools
4. To help develop job skills and enhance overall learning experiences for students, and
5. To develop permanent job opportunities.
1. Conduct market research by extracting information from various sources then compiling the information into briefing books or write a report on their findings or provide market analysis or distill the information into and executive summary.
2. Develop company profiles and case studies.
3. Draft company applications for the President’s Award for Excellence in Exporting and other award applications for clients.
4. Compile news stories, press releases and press advisories.
5. Support export seminars and conferences.
It is my personal goal to assure that the interns' experience in our office is truly valuable. Therefore tasks such as filing and letter stuffing will be kept to an absolute minimum.
These internships are unpaid, however, we hope to compensate interns providing other substantive and substantial benefits.
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen (REQUIRED).
2. Completed at least 45 credit hours.
3. Major in a subject area related to international business.
4. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and the Internet.
5. Good verbal communication skills.
6. Good writing skills.
7. Available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
8. Available for at least one full semester/quarter, the entire Summer or a 4 month period.
Apart from the citizenship requirement, all other qualifications should be treated as guidelines and exceptions may be made.
For more information or to apply contact David Spann, 901-544-0930 or via e-mail at email@example.com.