United States Department of Commerce
International Trade Administration
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ATTESTATION STATEMENT
Show Name: ___________________________________________
Show Date: ___________________________________________
Show Location: _________________________________________
1. The USA Pavilion organizer affirms that it will abide by the policy and procedures of the above identified trade show regarding intellectual property rights and their enforcement at the show.
2. The USA Pavilion organizer will advise U.S. exhibitors of show organizer/owner policies and procedures at the show to address IPR infringement.
3. The USA Pavilion organizer shall include the following, or similar language, in its exhibitor contract and/or exhibitor rules/regulations: *
“Exhibitor affirms that, to the best of its knowledge, it has the legal authority for its use of any intellectual property associated with any product or promotional material that it will display, offer, or otherwise use in its exhibit at the trade show/event and it will not knowingly infringe the intellectual property rights of another party.”
4. The USA Pavilion organizer, in coordination with the Commercial Service and the show owner/organizer, will provide information to help U.S. exhibitors procure legal representation during the show.
5. The USA Pavilion organizer will coordinate with the Commercial Service to reach U.S. exhibitors before the show to provide information on the Strategy Targeting Organized Piracy (STOP!) and IPR protection, and to help U.S. exhibitors understand the need to secure their IP rights in the country of the trade event, as well as in the United States.
6. The effectiveness of IPR policies and procedures at the trade show/event will be a factor in future DOC support for the show/event.
Company Name of Show Organizer Date
Representative Printed Name/Title Signature
* This may also be accomplished by having the exhibitor sign such a statement on a separate form.