Local Time in UAE: Print

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the U.S. Commercial Service?
The U.S. Commercial Service is a section of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Its principal mission is to assist in promoting U.S. products and services overseas. Our global network of offices is an invaluable help to any company who is export-ready. For over 20 years, trade specialists located both within the U.S. and at the overseas offices have guided and assisted U.S. companies through the export process.

What programs does the Commercial Service have to assist U.S. companies export overseas?
A trade specialist located at your nearest Export Assistance Center (EAC) of the Department of Commerce can assist you in obtaining market information and applying for Commerce's export promotion programs and services.

How can I find a U.A.E. agent or distributor for my product?
The CS offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai offers a variety of services and tools to help U.S. exporters find a partner. Please refer to our "Services we Provide" section for a complete list.

How can I get assistance exporting agricultural products, processed foods and wood products to the U.A.E.?
The U.S. Department of Agriculture assists U.S. companies enter overseas markets for agricultural products. Please contact the Regional Agricultural Trade Office (ATO) located in Dubai which will assist you with any questions you may have on the markets in the U.A.E., Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar.

Where can I learn about the most recent warnings on food products in the U.S.?
You can begin by visiting the website to U.S. Food & Drug Administration .

Where can I learn about the U.S. Bioterrorism Act and how it relates to food?
Information is available at U.S. Food & Drug Administration website.

How can I find market information on a specific industry for the U.A.E.?
Market research reports on specific industry sectors, prepared by the Commercial Service U.A.E. offices, are available to U.S. companies.

Do you also have information on other markets?
Market Information including Industry Sector Analysis (ISA) and International Market Insight (IMI) reports prepared by other Commercial Service Offices are available from the Export Assistance Centers located in the U.S. and also from www.USATradeOnline.gov or the STAT-USA Internet website.

Is there any way that I would be able to learn of the programs offered by your other offices located in the U.S. or overseas?
Click on this link to learn through the internet about the programs that are offered through our Export Assistance Centers offer in the U.S. and our offices in international markets.

Does the U.S. Embassy in the U.A.E. have an official website?
Yes. To the U.S. Embassy located in Abu Dhabi the uniform record locator (URL) is http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/ and to the U.S. Consulate located in Dubai the URL is http://dubai.usconsulate.gov/. Both websites have available procedures on how to apply for visas to the U.S., American citizen service and other useful information.

Can I apply for a visa to the U.S. using an electronic form?
Yes, since November 2003. You may apply for a non immigrant visa (NIV) by completing the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF)- Form DS-160 available at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Applicants can fill out the EVAF, and by pressing the "continue" button, display the form in Adobe Acrobat. The three-page form can then be printed. The first two pages will be a completed DS-156, to which the applicant must add their signature and photo and bring to the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi or the U.S. Consulate General in Dubai for their interview. The third page includes the 2-D barcode. Most inkjet or laser printers are able to print the EVAF, however, dot matrix printers do not print at sufficient resolution.

Is it safe to travel to the U.A.E.?
Information is available on the U.S. Department of State's website.

I have a trade complaint against a U.S. company. Where can I go for assistance?
You may contact the Better Business Bureau.

I am a victim of a scam/fraud operation. Is there any organization that I could talk to?
You should talk to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

I am a victim of a share trading fraud. Is there any organization that I could talk to?
You should talk to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.