Exporting to the UK/Europe
- Export.gov - - Helping U.S. Companies Export
- U.S. Commercial Service at the U.S. Mission to the European Union (CSEU)
- U.S. Commercial Service Europe – The gateway to European export markets.
Investing in the UK
- British American Business (BAB) publication British American Trade & Investment -- BAB is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
- UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) – the primary British government agency that assists UK companies with their exporting needs and promotes foreign direct investment in the UK.
- British American Business Council (BABC) -- a transatlantic business network with 25 chapters and 3,000 member companies throughout North America and the United Kingdom.
- British American Business (BAB) -- the largest chapter of the BABC with 700 member companies and offices in both New York and London. BAB is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
- American European Business Association (AEBA) -- a dynamic forum that promotes and facilitates lively and informed debate on key business, economic and political topics.
- London and Partners -- official promotional agency for London, attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors .
- The Welsh Assembly Government -- development agency for Wales
- The Northern Ireland Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI)
- Scottish Enterprise
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE).
Consumer Issues: Trade Complaints
For U.S. companies:
- UK Office of Fair Trading (OFT) -- promotes and protects consumer interests throughout the UK, while ensuring that businesses are fair and competitive.
For UK companies:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)-- BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust by creating a community of trustworthy businesses; setting standards for marketplace trust; encouraging and supporting best practices; celebrating marketplace role models, and; denouncing substandard marketplace behavior.
- British Embassy in the U.S. -- UKTI has offices in various consulates in the U.S. Contact the one nearest to the U.S. company you are having trade issues with -- go to the “Business” section of the British Embassy in the U.S. website.
Consumer Issues: Victim of Share Trading Fraud
For UK companies:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) -- the mission of the SEC is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
- SEC -- The Fleecing of Foreign Investors: Avoid Getting Burned by "Hot" U.S. Stocks.
- SEC -- List of Unregistered Soliciting Entities That Have Been the Subject of Investor Complaints.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) -- FINRA is the largest independent regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States.
For U.S. companies:
- Financial Services Authority (FSA) -- FSA is the independent body that regulates the financial services industry in the UK.
Consumer Issues: Internet specific
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) -- The Internet Fraud Complaint Center is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).
Travel & Tourism
- Visit London - the official visitor organization for the London now part of. London and Partners – the official promotional agency for London, attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors – incorporating
- VisitBritain - Britain’s national tourism agency.
- Visit USA Association -- Visit USA’s primary mission is to promote the United States as a tourist destination to the travel trade and consumers.
- For any inquiries relating to visas and passports, please visit the U.K. Border Agency (UKBA) website.
Studying in the USA: For U.S. Schools
Studying in the UK: For U.S. Students
- Study London - Welcome to the official website for universities in London.
- Education UK - The UK's international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
Other useful links