Where can I obtain information on foreign markets and trade opportunities for agricultural products?

A Flag

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is the first point of contact for agricultural export advice and information on USDA export and marketing programs, foreign market research, trade data by country and commodity, trade policy and regulations, export sales and trade leads.

A good resource within the USDA is the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). This agency offers an extensive amount of services to United States agricultural exporters. The FAS works to increase foreign market access to United States agricultural goods. It builds new markets, improves U.S. agricultural competitiveness, and gives foreign countries food aid and technical assistance. The FAS will promote and assist local U.S. agriculture. It locates buyers for agricultural exports and uses other means to help exporters. The FAS also encourages U.S. participation in trade shows and single-country exhibitions.    

USDA Utah Field Office:
USDA Rural Development
John R. Cox
125 South State, #4311
Salt Lake City, UT 84138

Phone: (801) 524-4324  Fax: (801) 524-4406

Internet: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/ut/

USDA Foreign Agricultural Service: 
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Foreign Agricultural Service
1400 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20250

Phone: (202) 720-3111

Internet: http://www.fas.usda.gov/

State of Utah Department of Agriculture and Food:
Division of Marketing and Development
350 North Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Phone: (801) 538-7108  Fax: (801) 538-7126

Internet: http://ag.utah.gov/divisions/marketing/index.html